New Samsung Releases

Luke

FrostByte

Any update on the Samsung 2017 / 2018 app review or if gone through and passed testing by Samsung

Been way to long

See post #70

Guest JaysEmby

See post #70

woohoo finally we actually might be getting somewhere with this... can finally leave bloody plex... dam samsung and there slow app testing  :lol:  

S3R14L

1.0.61 has just launched for 2015-2016 Tizen models. It is still in review for 2017-2019.

Notes?

CBers

1.0.61(2019/05/21)

• Fixes details pages not fully loading causing endless spinning circle

Well, @@Luke needs to update that page then ;)

Sammy

The good news is that it looks like there's a new secure method of side loading offered in tizen tv's, so hopefully by the end of the week we'll have a downloadable version of the app that anyone can use, in any country.

I don't need them but do you have instructions for this?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Great news, 1.0.61 has been approved for 2017-2019 devices, so yes, everyone will finally have an updated version of the app.

It's currently approved and waiting for launch. We can't control how long they will take to launch it, as sometimes it's been a day or two and other times it's been weeks. But at least we know it is finally approved and will be launching in the near future.

• Like 5

pauljamesbusby

Great news, 1.0.61 has been approved for 2017-2019 devices, so yes, everyone will finally have an updated version of the app.

It's currently approved and waiting for launch. We can't control how long they will take to launch it, as sometimes it's been a day or two and other times it's been weeks. But at least we know it is finally approved and will be launching in the near future.

Thanks for the update and persistence with Samsung!

mrfragger

Hmm gonna buy four new Samsung TVs so maybe I won’t need 4 nvidia shields after all. Great news.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Woohoo!! 

I assume that means just the US, UK and Ireland still.  Hopefully, a deal on getting it released WW can still be done also.  If not, then the the secure side-loading option you mentioned.

Samsung support makes me want to beat my head against the table sometimes.

Guest JaysEmby

i'd like to know more about this secure side-loading option as well, im in the UK so isn't a huge problem for me  :P but i'd happily do side loading if meant i can get new versions quicker or even if for testing as i dont mind being a guinea pig if it gets me off using plex on my wd cloud  :lol:

hopefully can now remove the roku express soon and fully use emby on the samsung woohoo  :wub:

Edited by JaysEmby

CarlosLima

Will this new update also contemplate other countries, such as Brazil? Thank you

holdestmade

Very happy to see this has passed at last, still not seeing the update though, will keep checking on my TV

Will this new update also contemplate other countries, such as Brazil? Thank you

No, not yet, but you can use the side-loaded version once we start releasing that.

• Like 1

FrostByte

BTW .61 is available now for 2018.  At least in the US.  Downloading now

• Like 2

BTW .61 is available now for 2018.  At least in the US.  Downloading now

Yes I just checked our developer account and it's finally launched. Excellent.

• Like 1

pauljamesbusby

Yes I just checked our developer account and it's finally launched. Excellent.

I just updated it... No need for my Roku anymore!

Think I'm gonna have to try and get higher resolution images for the posters though!

k0Lm.

I can confirm that on the 2017 aswell as the 2018 models 1.0.61 is available.

I can also confirm that it doesnt fix anything.

I can confirm that on the 2017 aswell as the 2018 models 1.0.61 is available.

I can also confirm that it doesnt fix anything.

Please see how to report a problem and we're happy to help. Thanks.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I've noticed I'm getting the circle of doom a lot more with version .61 than I was getting with .29.   Especially when fast forwarding a couple of times.  Even when the movie picks up and starts playing again the spinning circle will still be overlayed on top.  I'll probably start another thread with logs once I figure out a little more

It would help if we had some sort of chapter skip within playback.  I hate that this was taken away.  The skip button is pointless to me now because I never queue up more than one movie.  Hitting FF a 100 times (2 per minute) to get to the chapter you want is causing all these spinning circles for me.

Edited by FrostByte

Guest JaysEmby

I've noticed I'm getting the circle of doom a lot more with version .61 than I was getting with .29.   Especially when fast forwarding a couple of times.  Even when the movie picks up and starts playing again the spinning circle will still be overlayed on top.  I'll probably start another thread with logs once I figure out a little more

It would help if we had some sort of chapter skip within playback.  I hate that this was taken away.  The skip button is pointless to me now because I never queue up more than one movie.  Hitting FF a 100 times (2 per minute) to get to the chapter you want is causing all these spinning circles for me.

ahh yes the annoying tapping of the FF button just to progress in a film is annoying  :lol: be nice if was way can highlight it and hold down and it would actually fwd as you must have the smart remote for your samsung like me  :P gotta love the spinning circle  :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
sayschia

No, not yet, but you can use the side-loaded version once we start releasing that.

Hi Luke, are there any news for the side-loaded version? It would be very nice to use emby in Germany.