New Samsung Releases

Luke

We're working on it. We've unfortunately drawn a very difficult tester for 2017 and 2018 models who keeps failing the app for really difficult reasons. Latest one being running the tv behind a VPN and they can't connect to their server and I'm trying to get them to realize that there's nothing the app can do about it.

• Like 1

someperson

We're working on it. We've unfortunately drawn a very difficult tester for 2017 and 2018 models who keeps failing the app for really difficult reasons. Latest one being running the tv behind a VPN and they can't connect to their server and I'm trying to get them to realize that there's nothing the app can do about it.

Seriously? This, of all things, is what's holding things up? Is he aware of how terrible the current 1.0.29 version for 2018 TVs is? Is he aware that every other year has a far superior version? This is really making me regret buying a Samsung last year.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Totally agree, this VPN issue is not a serious enough of a problem to be a show stopper.  It hasn't stopped all the other years from being updated and it's not a scenario that most people run.  It's just completely stoopid that one tester would prevent any updates to go forward for over a year now when none of the other testers are doing the same.  There are too many bugs that have been fixed already in the last 365+ days to not let this go through and let the VPN issue be resolved later.

• Like 1

Guest JaysEmby
If other testers are passing this app for other year models without any issue but this one tester is not for 2017/2018 tvs then must be something that can be done no?

why wont they just let it pass with the many issues and bugs that have been fixed and the vpn issues can be sorted in the future as the vpn feature surely cant be a huge demand as its been so long since an update for these models has happened :( 

can we not complain for users with these 2017/2018 tvs and ask the simple question of why pass all the other year models but not these two years as its just stupid

i certainly dont regret buying a samsung tv at all it has all the other apps i want on there but just emby is stuck with its update, must be a way to get this app passed even if just pull the bloody vpn stuff out of the app / code just so it will pass this little anal dwelling butt monkey of a tester 

• 2 weeks later...
avinashp

I have a 2018 model and I would love to be able to update the app to the latest version which all the other models have. Any update on this?

pauljamesbusby

Ah jeez I just got my 2018 model in a special offer and was hoping it could replace all the various boxes I have. I guess my Roku lives on! (For now)

We have an update currently in Samsung review. We are hoping this will be the one that makes it through. Thanks.

• Like 2

S3R14L

We have an update currently in Samsung review. We are hoping this will be the one that makes it through. Thanks.

For 2016 ( Tizen 2.4 ) too?

S3R14L

Yes but 2016 has already has a recent update.

But still no have option to change the color of the subtitles, using white subtitles in some movies gets horrible.
In my oldest samsung, 2015 has the option to change the color of the subtitles, but I wish it had in my 2016 with tizen 2.4...

• 2 weeks later...
mattman1968

How long does it take Samsung to review an app?

Sammy

How long does it take Samsung to review an app?

Forever

Plus one day.

• Like 3

FrostByte

Forever

Plus one day.

LOL, very true.  The version on my tv is approaching being 2 years old.   About time to look at a Shield

• Like 1

The good news is that it looks like there's a new secure method of side loading offered in tizen tv's, so hopefully by the end of the week we'll have a downloadable version of the app that anyone can use, in any country.

• Like 3

1.0.61 has just launched for 2015-2016 Tizen models. It is still in review for 2017-2019.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I just checked my 2018 Samsung and it just got version 1.0.29 today.  Looks much better.

1.0.29 as been out for almost 2 years now and was the initial release version for 2018s.  2018 Premium sets are way behind the others with .61 just being launched today as you can see above.  You shouldn't have gotten an update today. 

You can't go by the date on the Samsung store either.  That date changes every time a new version is approved by Samsung and .61 was just released today for 2015 - 2016 sets.  So I'm guessing nothing actually updated, you just saw the new date in the description today

Edited by FrostByte

someperson

The good news is that it looks like there's a new secure method of side loading offered in tizen tv's, so hopefully by the end of the week we'll have a downloadable version of the app that anyone can use, in any country.

This is great to hear! Sounds like Emby might finally be able to work well on my 2018 TV!

I just checked my 2018 Samsung and it just got version 1.0.29 today.  Looks much better.

Uh... 1.0.29 is the same version it's always had. It dates back to September 2017, before the 2018 TVs were even released!

Edited by someperson
  • Like 1

FrostByte

This is great to hear! Sounds like Emby might finally be able to work well on my 2018 TV!

Uh... 1.0.29 is the same version it's always had. It dates back to September 2017, before the 2018 TVs were even released!

Ya, I think they just saw the date change with the release of .61 today.  The app version for us didn't change though