New Samsung Releases

Luke

I can't seem to find it for model UE43J5600.

I'm sure the processor is powerful enough and the model is not too old. It runs Plex, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime without issues.

I tried going to https://app.emby.media in the web browser on the TV and that more or less works. The user interface is crap because it uses a mouse pointer which you move using the arrow keys on the remote, but the playback works. So I hope I can download the app soon. Because then I can say goodbye to Plex.

clarkss12

I just checked my Samsung TV and it has updated to version 1.0.48 dated 12/12/2018.  When I try to play a movie, there is no way to select the play button.......  Not sure what to check.

Plex works OK, and I can play a movie.

CBers

I just checked my Samsung TV and it has updated to version 1.0.48 dated 12/12/2018. When I try to play a movie, there is no way to select the play button....... Not sure what to check.

What happens if you press the PLAY button on the remote?

I can't seem to find it for model UE43J5600.

I'm sure the processor is powerful enough and the model is not too old. It runs Plex, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime without issues.

I tried going to https://app.emby.media in the web browser on the TV and that more or less works. The user interface is crap because it uses a mouse pointer which you move using the arrow keys on the remote, but the playback works. So I hope I can download the app soon. Because then I can say goodbye to Plex.

Try using http://tv.emby.media instead. This has a layout designed for TV and supports arrow key input.

I just checked my Samsung TV and it has updated to version 1.0.48 dated 12/12/2018.  When I try to play a movie, there is no way to select the play button.......  Not sure what to check.

Plex works OK, and I can play a movie.

Ok this is an issue that has crept into some of the releases. I will add a workaround for this to the beta server. It will be in the next beta server and then you won't see the problem anymore. Thanks.

FrostByte

No.

Okay, then that's why.  It has only been released in the UK and Ireland in Europe so far.  You would need to change your TV region in order to see the app in the store until it gets released world-wide.

clarkss12

Ok this is an issue that has crept into some of the releases. I will add a workaround for this to the beta server. It will be in the next beta server and then you won't see the problem anymore. Thanks.

Thanks.

• Like 1

vovakova

on Samsung KS8000 started works very badly, I don't see episode lists, on 4k movies play button doesn't work, back and forward don't work (switches to previous or the next episode), slows down all the time. Plex, Netflix and YouTube are working great, internet speed 100MB

Dextravaganza

Any idea when it will be released for Samsung smart TV in the Nordic countries? I live in Finland and Emby would be so great to have on the tv.

jboydude

Emby on my Samsung 2016 tv is really slow. Freezes when trying to load the libraries or look at the info of a tv show. Any settings on the server side I can change to speed it up? Is there something in the tv app I can clear? I uninstalled and reinstalled it on the tv and it didn't fix it. Shield tv, windows media center, and the web works just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Emby on my Samsung 2016 tv is really slow. Freezes when trying to load the libraries or look at the info of a tv show. Any settings on the server side I can change to speed it up? Is there something in the tv app I can clear? I uninstalled and reinstalled it on the tv and it didn't fix it. Shield tv, windows media center, and the web works just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

We are working on improving this. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
shocker

1.0.48 released for 2016 units.

1.0.52 released for 2015 units.

Enjoy.

Seems that J 2015 is with v1.0.53 (UE43J5600) :)

Is there any change log from v45 to v53?

This is what I can see right now:
- Tizen 2015 (J) v1.0.53
- Tizen 2016 (K) v1.0.48
- Tizen 2017 (M Standard) v1.0.44
- Tizen 2017 (M Premium) v1.0.45
- Tizen 2018 (N Standard 1,3) v1.0.40
- Tizen 2018 (N Standard 2) v1.0.42
- Tizen 2018 (N Premium) v1.0.29

From 1.0.45 to 1.0.53 that's covering a few months of development. Most of the changes are around updating to support new features from the upcoming 3.6 server release. You can check the beta server changelogs, but some examples are the More Like This on Live TV section, improved filtering, etc.

1.0.53 has launched for 2016 devices to resolve the issue of episodes not appearing on the season screen. I apologize for this issue. Thank you guys for your patience.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
VicMoore

Hello Luke

I have Emby app v 1.0.48 on my Samsung TV.  Everything works except that many of the TV series when clicked fail to display the episodes they contain. I am able to view the season icons. But when a season icon is clicked the under pining episodes for that season are not displayed. 

The app store tells me that I have the latest Emby app installed.

You mentioned that this problem has been fixed and that you are waiting for Samsung to approved the new app. Is this true?  Is an update on its way?

Thanks for your time, Vic

Hello Luke

I have Emby app v 1.0.48 on my Samsung TV.  Everything works except that many of the TV series when clicked fail to display the episodes they contain. I am able to view the season icons. But when a season icon is clicked the under pining episodes for that season are not displayed. 

The app store tells me that I have the latest Emby app installed.

You mentioned that this problem has been fixed and that you are waiting for Samsung to approved the new app. Is this true?  Is an update on its way?

Thanks for your time, Vic

Yes we're working on getting an update out to resolve this, thanks.