Content Won't Play on iMac or Roku

Gorp

I've dowloaded Emby and am giving it a try on MacOS High Sierra with a Roku Premiere. Everything started out fine--the software loaded on both devices and my library appeared on both my iMac and Roku.

However, when I try to play anything--either on Roku or iMac---the app just hangs, the little indicators spin, and nothing ever plays. Doesn't matter what I try--I get the same result. No picture, no sound, no play, just a black screen

In addition, none of my TV shows are showing up with metadata (i.e. poster, description, etc.). Movies seem ok.

The former problem is obviously a bigger problem thank the latter although I would like Emby to look pretty! I am attaching a log here though I don't know if it is the right one. It's merely the largest out of the four I see there. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I have tried tp play around with settings, but am having no luck. I'd really like this to work. What am I doing that I shouldn't;t or what should I do that I'm not?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has an inkling!

Hi, when you installed the application did you follow the instructions exactly on our website to drag EmbyServer into your MacOS Applications folder?

If you didn't, then Emby Server will be unable to launch it's embedded ffmpeg executable and that would cause this. Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to me, Luke. I dragged the zip file over to "applications" then unzipped it into "EmbyServer" in that location. Maybe open the zip in the original download location then drag the unzipped EmbyServer over? I will give it a try.

That did the trick (thanks!)---dragging the unzipped file over vs. unzipping the file in "applications" appears to have fixed the playback issue. Suggest maybe modifying the online instructions to account for this possibility/user behavior? It's an easy fix and a few words to the wise could have significantly altered my initial aggravation/satisfaction ratio. Still... happy to have it fixed and to be able to give Emby a try.

Any thoughts on getting metadata for the television programs I've got? Movies have art, descriptions, etc., but television shows appear as a simple colored tile with the original server file name. No description etc. either. In Manage Server--->Library--->ServerName, I've got all the boxes checked for all the downloaders. Anything else I should out can do to try and get the data?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes i agree the instructions should be improved.

Can you go over some examples of TV series? What does the folder structure look like? Thanks.