Possible to edit the home screen for secondary, local accounts?

gene0915
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gene0915

I saw this post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63728-emby-atv-app-customize-homescreen/ ..... and it sounded like what I'm after but ultimately, I don't think it is.

When I go into the server admin page, I can edit the home screen and have it set up the way I like it. I can log into my Apple TV with my user account and the changes are reflected perfectly!

But, I set up a local "kids" account for my children on the server and on their TV (they also have an Apple TV), I select their account and parental controls are working (blocking movies/TV shows above PG) and all is well except the home screen.

I want them to maintain access to all my libraries; TV Shows, Classic TV, Movies, Home Movies, Pictures, etc. but they also see a lot more categories like:

Next on TV

Latest TV Shows

Latest Movies

Latest Home Movies

Latest Pictures

etc

I want their home screen to be just like mine;

Continue Watching

Next Up

Latest TV shows

Latest Movies

.... and nothing else

Is customization coming to the Apple TV app or is there something I'm missing?

UPDATE: Just saw this post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65046-possible-to-change-home-screen-thumbnails/ so I guess I'm SOL for now. :(

Edited by gene0915

• Solution

Hi, have you customized their home screen? You can do this as well. It's something each user can do separately. Thanks.

• Like 1

gene0915

Hi, have you customized their home screen? You can do this as well. It's something each user can do separately. Thanks.

I swear.... I'm getting sick and tired of you pointing out how dumb I am. :)

Luke, YOU. ARE. THE. MAN!

But seriously, I think the next time I'm about to ask a question.... I should type it into a text editor.....click around on EVERY button and try to figure it out and if I can't figure it out in 24-48 hours, then MAYBE.... MAYBE post it.

So after I clicked on the little user icon on the server side and signed out........ and clicked on the "kids" account, I changed up the home screen to my liking. I'm confident it will be reflected on the Apple TV. I'll check it in the morning.

After reading your post on my iPad while getting ready to sleep, I just had to come down stairs and log on and see what you were talking about.

Keep up the great work and thanks for always being there for us!