Improvements to TV merged series functionality

blizzrizz

blizzrizz

Firstly, awesome work on Emby. I had tried it way, way back and found it interesting but not quite usable for my needs. This past week I've given it another go and glad to say it's working great and convinced me to go premiere.

Having moved from another media server, I've noticed some weird quirks with the Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders option. I had a search on this forum but couldn't find any related to these, so apologies if it exists.

• In Upcoming, a duplicate entries are shown for each spread-folder. For example, If I have a TV show spread over three drives (or three folders, if I have separate foreign and local language, for example), I see three identical entries for that TV show in this section. It'd be great if it just showed a single entry for all merged folders (one per TV-show).

• Similarly, if you turn on Display missing episodes within seasons there are multiple small, red Missing entries per-folder. Unlike above, it tends to show lots more missing because of how it's detecting the episode as missing (missing from that single folder?). If episodes 1-5 are in one folder, and 6-10 are in the other, all 10 are shown as missing.

I know that my setup is maybe not ideal in terms of storage solutions (For reasons I won't get into, I have an array of large USB drives that I've slowly filled up and added to over the years), but with Emby supporting merged series, and other media servers having similar features, it'd be great to have it work seamlessly.

blizzrizz

No problem!

If it's any help, I just upgraded to the beta version of Emby (3.6.0.76) and the first issue (Upcoming) looks fixed!

The duplicate-missing still occurs.

• 4 months later...
blizzrizz

Sorry to raise this old thread, but has this been closed as fixed? I'm still experiencing this on my Samsung TV on 1.0.44 (server is 4.1.0.24). It seems fine in the Roku build.

Basically, if I have episodes split between different merged folders, they do not appear in the full season listing (eg. go to a TV Show, go to a season - view episodes listed vertically). They do appear in the 'More from' listing though if you're viewing an episode from a season.

Edited by blizzrizz

marcelox

gostaria de saber se ha alguma previsao da equipe EMBY modificar os menus atuais, deixar eles mais dinamicos como (NETFLIX). seria um grande avanço do app EMBY, deixar opcoes laterais (ocultar) e tambem ao terminar o filme ja fazer a contagem de tempo para o proximo filmes etc, como se fosse os episodios de series, seria muito bom ter esse recurso. Enfim algo semelhante a netfilx o app em Geral. A Equipe tem algo em mente para fazer essa atualizacao..

Luke, como esconder o ELENCO/ARTISTAS do APP. e tambem como ocultar a qualidade do video 420p/720p/1080p do app. acredito que essas informacoes nao sao nescessarias.

Tambem quero agradecer pelo esforco da equipe em manter a qualidade etc.. parabens a todos por isso.

• 3 months later...
blizzrizz

Is there any update to this bug? I just noticed that it's still occurring for me in Samsung 1.0.62 with Server 4.2.0.34.

Haven't had a chance to look at it. You could always just turn off the missing episodes feature. Thanks.

blizzrizz

Thanks, I've done that for now.

This is also manifesting itself in the 'Versions' functionality. For example, if I have a season split over two folders, the 'Versions' dropdown shows three entries - the two different folder versions and a third entry that is just the episode name. Trying to play this phantom third entry hangs the app.

All workaround-able, but figured it's worth you knowing.