Which notification plugin?

miniliQuid

miniliQuid

Hey guys,

Was thinking about getting notifications pushed to my android phone rather than email for every alert.

However since there are plenty plugins made for this, what are the differences?

Basically all I need is it to send my phone the alerts (preferably silent), and it really has to do nothing else.

So preferably it doesn't need access to my complete phone, contacts etc, nor does it has a huge list op settings to go through.

Would be great if it is also very easy to setup, but that doesn't really matter too much.

Thanks in advance for the info :)

Hi, usually it depends on which one you may already have an account for. If you don't have one then it probably won't matter which you choose.

miniliQuid

Cheers for the reply.

No I have no accounts for any of the apps yet.

Will probably also just use it for emby, nothing else.

There are no big differences between apps?

miniliQuid

Okay thanks for the swift reply again.

Couldn't find much useful information about the apps with my first google searches.

Will take another look soon unless someone tested/knows a few of them.

• 10 months later...
miniliQuid

For anyone looking at this wondering the same thing, I ended up using SLACK.

Was slightly easier to set up than the others due to a good guide on their site and not being that hard.
Since I only use it for emby notifications it is nice and simple, the way I want it and not too much clutter.
Just a chatroom in which it drops all the information from emby.
App notification ettings are adjustable like sound or just a message etc.

Picked it over the others for varying reasons, some of which had limits to the amount of messages, too much trouble setting up, or too large an AI making me feel somewhat lost as to the notifications and settings.

EDIT: Recently switched to discord so I could remove SLACK. Worked just fine, but Discord is something I already actually use (to contact friends, and for gaming), and since it is now here for emby as well it made sense to switch away from SLACK.... :D

Edited by miniliQuid