Eminence Problem with Actor Information/Watched Status/Custom Video Playlists

mbc0
Go to solution Solved by im85288,

Hi,

Luke asked me to post a new thread for this, sorry for messing you around....

Hi,

Sorry for posting questions in your 1080++ thread on XBMC I will post them here from now on ;-)

1, Watched Status is not shown for episodes/movies? If I change to 1080++ they are there again? (I have not seen the last 7 episodes of Modern Family as pictured)
2, when in skin settings I unable to add network location for custom video playlist? I want to create a tile that is linked to all my videos on my server but only local paths are available?
3, when I click an actor, no results are found? even if someone like Harrison Ford! (This is something the family use alot!)

53558fd0d2e05_actors.jpg

53558fdf6ac83_watchedstat1.jpg

53558fea6a026_watchedstat2.jpg

• Like 1

• Solution
im85288

Hi, I'm happy for you to post your comments/features in any thread mate so no problem at all.

I did reply on the xperience1080++ thread but will do again briefly here:

1) That is now fixed, just get the latest version of the skin from my repo.

2) Correct no sounds in this skin, it's something that is easy to add though so I may do so at a later date. I've found a lot of users hate sounds...but I think the option should at least be there to turn them on to have them start annoying you!

3) If your referring to video nodes then yes it does not seem to have been added yet, I can add it but would prefer it was added to the base skin so might be worth requesting this in the eminence thread.

4) Yes noted, if it is any consolation this also happens with the local xbmc library so not confined to being a MB3 issue. This is another one I'm hoping to be rectified in the original base skin.

Oh and BTW in your second screenshot you can remove the ".." from being shown by going to Appearance->File Lists and deselecting "Show parent folder items" 

Edited by im85288
  • Like 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply :-)

1, I am now on 0.9.38 but the watched status is still not showing, I have rebooted, uninstalled the skin & reinstalled but still not working :-(

2, Sounds are a low priority it was my Daughter who wants them! lol

3, I will post a request on the eminence thread for the video node

4, Not sure what you mean about the local xbmc library problem? If I use confluence/Aon Nox etc the actor information works fine & I am able to see other movies they are in etc......

Thanks for the tip on the ".." that always niggled me lol, now removed! :-D

xnappo

Note that you can add custom tiles another way - add an XBMB3C video node as a favorite, then add the favorite as a tile.

xnappo

• Like 2

Update to my last post, I am not sure why but it just took an hour or so for the watched status to filter through from the server but all working perfectly now :-D

Just on a cheeky side node, is there a possibilty to customize the colour of the tick to say Bright Red? :-D

lastly for now as I know this is very early work in progress & I am happy to wait for the features to trickle through, my only "need" is to get the actor information working, the rest is a bonus! but I just wondered if it will ever be possible for the xbmc remote to work with this skin as obviously the movie/tvshow libraries don't really exist as they are on mediabrowser so when selecting movies on xbmc remote it obviously thinks nothing is there?

Many Many Thanks again for all your great work :-)

Note that you can add custom tiles another way - add an XBMB3C video node as a favorite, then add the favorite as a tile.

xnappo

Perfect Workaround! Many Thanks  :D

im85288

Yeah the Actor thing is on the list, but what I meant was the Eminence skin seemed to have an issue for me at least when using a normal xbmc library as the source...so in other words two areas of fixes needed! I guess things like colour ticks etc for the watched list are things that may come way down the line :)

• Like 1

You do know that you can use MB3 Web server and MB3 clients for remote control right?

We know about actors - it is on our Issues list - it is a large task.  

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/issues?state=open

xnappo

Hi xnappo, I am using the eminence mb3 skin & the xbmcremote works really well until you get to movies/tvshows I am not sure what you mean about MB3 web Server & MB3 clients remote control?

Thanks for the update on the actors, sorry that it is a large task I was hoping it wouldn't be

Many Thanks

Yeah the Actor thing is on the list, but what I meant was the Eminence skin seemed to have an issue for me at least when using a normal xbmc library as the source...so in other words two areas of fixes needed! I guess things like colour ticks etc for the watched list are things that may come way down the line :)

I understand what you mean about the actors now  :rolleyes:

I will be patient for the red colour tick :P it was just when scrolling fast through my library they were hard to see 

Thanks again for all your hard work & taking the time to reply  

• Like 1

im85288

No problem at all it's good to get feedback to see areas which could be improved.

As for the remote control via web client @@xnappo - was meaning you can control your XBMC client from any web client you have connected to your server...It's a pretty cool feature, so in theory you can point your phone at the web client for MB3 and use that for basic remote control. I personally do not use it, but when I tried it out it worked pretty well.

Edited by im85288
  • Like 2

No problem at all it's good to get feedback to see areas which could be removed.

As for the remote control via web client @@xnappo - was meaning you can control your XBMC client from any web client you have connected to your server...It's a pretty cool feature, so in theory you can point your phone at the web client for MB3 and use that for basic remote control. I personally do not use it, but when I tried it out it worked pretty well.

Well I'll Be!! Playing from my Android Client is even better than the xbmcremote!  :D

Many Thanks Again! 

• Like 2

xnappo

Closing out this thread as answered.  Your other actor thread is still open and will remain so until we close the issue.

xnappo

• Like 2

Closing out this thread as answered.  Your other actor thread is still open and will remain so until we close the issue.

xnappo

Thanks Fella  :D