No video encoder found for 'h264'

mothball

mothball

It would appear that the official emby-server plugin (3.5.3.0) for FreeNAS 11.2p6 does not install all of the required components based on the following log text

2018-12-09 23:20:17.076
Application version: 3.5.3.0

(http://)192.168.1.107:8096/emby/videos/5da2404291577bf09359fd52b8a67c62/live.m3u8?DeviceId=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdlYjBTOyBMaW51eC9TbWFydFRWKSBBcHBsZVdlYktpdC81MzcuMzYgKEtIVE1MLCBsaWtlIEdlY2tvKSBDaHJvbWUvMzguMC4yMTI1LjEyMiBTYWZhcmkvNTM3LjM2IFdlYkFwcE1hbmFnZXJ8MTU0NDM5NjczMDMzMQ11&MediaSourceId=5da2404291577bf09359fd52b8a67c62&VideoCodec=h264,h265,hevc&AudioCodec=ac3,eac3,aac,mp3,opus&VideoBitrate=139808000&AudioBitrate=192000&PlaySessionId=1b6d1492910d418ab890a569f2edb896&api_key=04439d1fce6741c89564646b0c69ae3d&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=6&RequireAvc=false&Tag=b5df0281fa8fe0e03a7dbadcd7461175&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=False&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline,high10&h264-level=51&allowVideoStreamCopy=false>

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"5da2404291577bf09359fd52b8a67c62","Path":"/media/movies/1080P/X264/ANT_MAN_AND_THE_WASP_X264_[1080P].m4v","Type":"Default","Container":"m4v","Name":"ANT_MAN_AND_THE_WASP_X264_[1080P]","IsRemote":false,"ETag":"b5df0281fa8fe0e03a7dbadcd7461175","ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"GenPtsInput":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":[],"Formats":[],"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

User policy for Mothra: EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

/usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -i file:"/media/movies/1080P/X264/ANT_MAN_AND_THE_WASP_X264_[1080P].m4v" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 0 -sn -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 139808000 -bufsize 279616000 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -flags -global_header -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 ac3 -ac 6 -ab 192000  -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_entry_prefix "hls/979121ace8e9af1858242566a00ebdc4/" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "/var/db/emby-server/transcoding-temp/979121ace8e9af1858242566a00ebdc4.m3u8" -y "/var/db/emby-server/transcoding-temp/979121ace8e9af1858242566a00ebdc4%d.ts"

Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58"

I have tried reloading numerous time but the same failure - I did not have this problem with FreeNAS 11.1 and 3.3.1 of emby (last official plugin for 11.1)

Curiously it play on the emby app on my phone but fails to play via every other method (web browsers, smart tv apps, amazon fire, roku, and dlna service)

is this a known problem - does someone have a complete manual install script for FreeNAS 11.2p6?

attached the emby serve log and various iteration of the ffmeg transcode logs

all files in my served library are MV4 or MP4 files encoded with handbrake - no problem with playback until FressNAS 11.2 and Emby Server 3.5.3.0

please advise on installation fix

thanks
Scott

embyserver.txt

Log5.txt

Log4.txt

Log3.txt

Log2.txt

Log1.txt

Log.txt

Edited by mothball

soldiernyc

Hi,

I installed Emby in a FreeNAS jail using the instructions here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60971-new-freenas-package-for-testing/ and using the current beta (3.6.0.76), but when I try to play one of my MKV files, I get the following error in the log (and a spinning circle on the screen):

2018-12-10 16:24:16.711 Error HttpServer: Error processing request	*** Error Report ***	Version: 3.6.0.76	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz	Operating system: Unix 11.2.0.0	64-Bit OS: True	64-Bit Process: True	User Interactive: False	Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Thu Dec  6 09:41:30 UTC 2018)	Processor count: 8	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server	Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system	System.Exception: System.Exception: No video encoder found for 'h264'

I've attached the entire Emby log, hoping this might be an easy fix?

Thanks,

Dave

EmbyLog.txt

Edited by soldiernyc

Hi, how did you update to the beta? Because the instructions you linked to are for the stable release. Thanks.

soldiernyc

There's a section in the instructions for "Update", which reads:

iocage console emby-server
service emby
-server stop
pkg add
-f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.6.0.FUTURE/emby-server-freebsd_3.6.0.FUTURE_amd64.txz
service emby-server start

There is no link on GitHub to 3.6.0.FUTURE, so I went with 3.6.0.76.

soldiernyc

If I install the stable release, ffprobe fails and it never gets to trying to play the file.  I updated to the beta as the ffprobe issue was noted in another thread as being a problem with the stable.

soldiernyc

11.2 stable.  I did try installing the Emby plugin via the FreeNAS gui, but same issue as my script built jail - ffprobe fails.  The failure seems to be connected to this:

Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58"

Apparently FreeNAS 11.2 includes libx264.so.155, not 152

Edited by soldiernyc

Ok, you can try this user's beta method for now:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65471-freenas-iocage-plugin-emby-3530-ffmpeg-solution/?p=659618

I think the issue is that our dependency versions that we've built against do not match the 11.2 final release, so we are probably going to have to rebuild them. Thanks.

mothball

I think soldiernyc's problem with emby-server stable is exactly the same issue i am having with my official freenas plugin install of emby-server 3.5.3.0 - unfortunately i posted my trouble in the LG Smart TV subforum (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66329-freenas-web-browser-and-smart-tv-app-playback-failure/).

My logs give me the same "shared object... not found..." message whether i try to play via a web browser or emby smart tv (LG Samsung), amazon fire, or ruku app. My sub forum post includes multiple log files.

thanks for any help - is upgrading to 3.6 beta the only way to fix at the moment?

interestingly playback does work on my Android (MotoZ force 2) smart phone app?

@@mothball, I went ahead and merged your topic into here.

The beta might be the only option right now. We're going to have to resubmit 3.5.3 so that it is compatible with FreeNas 11.2. Thanks.

mothball

To confirm you recommend the users beta method update (https://emby.media/c...ution/?p=659618) referenced earlier in this thread as an appropriate way to upgrade a 3.5.3.0 install to 3.6 beta?

Correct... spent a lot of time trying to figure this out - any way i can streamline the effort is appreciated.

thanks

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on updating our stable freebsd package so that you won't have to jump through these hoops to get up and running. Thanks.

mothball

@@Luke - Problem solved

install went smoothly, and the libraries play on all platforms.

thanks for the help!

Merry Christmas!

• 4 weeks later...

@Luke:

I found it still cannot play for 3.5.3.0. 

Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58".

pkg info emby-server
emby-server-3.5.3.0
Name           : emby-server
Version        : 3.5.3.0
Installed on   : Tue Jan  8 15:20:22 2019 CST
Origin         : multimedia/emby-server
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : multimedia
Licenses       : UNKNOWN
Maintainer     : apps@[member="Emby.media"]
WWW            : https://emby.media/
Comment        : Media server to organize, play & stream audio/video to various devices
Shared Libs required:
        libX11.so.6
        libtheoraenc.so.1
        libxcb-shape.so.0
        libxcb-xfixes.so.0
        libopus.so.0
        libfribidi.so.0
        libfreetype.so.6
        libvorbisenc.so.2
        libva-drm.so.2
        libxcb-shm.so.0
        libwebp.so.7
        libva-x11.so.2
        libvorbis.so.0
        libiconv.so.2
        libfontconfig.so.1
        libgnutls.so.30
        libass.so.9
        libxcb.so.1
        libtheoradec.so.1
        libva.so.2
        libsmbclient.so.0
Shared Libs provided:
        libswscale.so.5
        libavutil.so.56
        libavfilter.so.7
        libavcodec.so.58
        libmp3lame.so.0
        libSkiaSharp.so.60
        libavdevice.so.58
        libavformat.so.58
        libswresample.so.3
        libpostproc.so.55
Annotations    :
        FreeBSD_version: 1200086
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : FreeBSD
Flat size      : 51.9MiB
Description    :
Emby Server is a home media server built on top of other popular open source
technologies such as Service Stack, jQuery, jQuery mobile, and .NET Core.

It features a REST-based api with built-in documention to facilitate client
development. It also offers client libraries for its api to enable rapid
development.

WWW: https://emby.media/

makarai

@@Luke:

I found it still cannot play for 3.5.3.0. 

Shared object "libx264.so.152" not found, required by "libavcodec.so.58".

pkg info emby-server
emby-server-3.5.3.0
Name           : emby-server
Version        : 3.5.3.0
Installed on   : Tue Jan  8 15:20:22 2019 CST
Origin         : multimedia/emby-server
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : multimedia
Licenses       : UNKNOWN
Maintainer     : apps@[member="Emby.media"]
WWW            : https://emby.media/
Comment        : Media server to organize, play & stream audio/video to various devices
Shared Libs required:
        libX11.so.6
        libtheoraenc.so.1
        libxcb-shape.so.0
        libxcb-xfixes.so.0
        libopus.so.0
        libfribidi.so.0
        libfreetype.so.6
        libvorbisenc.so.2
        libva-drm.so.2
        libxcb-shm.so.0
        libwebp.so.7
        libva-x11.so.2
        libvorbis.so.0
        libiconv.so.2
        libfontconfig.so.1
        libgnutls.so.30
        libass.so.9
        libxcb.so.1
        libtheoradec.so.1
        libva.so.2
        libsmbclient.so.0
Shared Libs provided:
        libswscale.so.5
        libavutil.so.56
        libavfilter.so.7
        libavcodec.so.58
        libmp3lame.so.0
        libSkiaSharp.so.60
        libavdevice.so.58
        libavformat.so.58
        libswresample.so.3
        libpostproc.so.55
Annotations    :
        FreeBSD_version: 1200086
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : FreeBSD
Flat size      : 51.9MiB
Description    :
Emby Server is a home media server built on top of other popular open source
technologies such as Service Stack, jQuery, jQuery mobile, and .NET Core.

It features a REST-based api with built-in documention to facilitate client
development. It also offers client libraries for its api to enable rapid
development.

WWW: https://emby.media/

As of now the stable is not functioning as there were some changes to the used libraries in freebsd used in that specific stable, either you scrap the stable and just install the beta after updating your pkg, or you wait until the new stable is being release. According to @@Luke, it should be a matter of days. 

I would suggest you go for the beta >3.6.0.0 and update to the stable once is released. I have been on the beta train since 4 month and had zero problems, and if i ran into a problem it was fixed within a day.

This is also the freebsd forum, are you running a true freebsd server/vm or as so many here freenas with ails?

Edited by makarai

Yes, I am running with freebsd, not freenas.

I have installed beta version for temp, just thought it should be OK after these days, so that I can switch back.

makarai

Yes, I am running with freebsd, not freenas.

I have installed beta version for temp, just thought it should be OK after these days, so that I can switch back.

So the beta is working for you! that's good. @@Luke teased the new stable very often recently so i have my fingers crossed. 

• 2 months later...
Guest arcooke

Yup any day now, sorry I know I sound like a broken record :)

@@Luke any updates?  This is still an issue for me on beta 4.1.0.12.. installed in jail manually using official freebsd instructions here https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html (not a fan of FreeNAS's plugin system)

FreeNAS 11.2 U2 stable

2019-03-09 16:25:19.200 Debug App: CodecValidation: FindVideoEncoder - Media: h264, UseHardwareCodecs: True, Mode: 0
2019-03-09 16:25:19.201 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.1.0.12
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffdetect /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
	Operating system: Unix 11.2.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Thu Feb  7 10:13:31 UTC 2019)
	Processor count: 16
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: No video encoder found for 'h264'

Hardware detection log:

{
  "ApplicationVersion": "4.1.0.12",
  "VersionType": "Release",
  "ReleaseCode": "32cedfae183d44659504bc217142edc9",
  "OperatingSystem": "BSD",
  "OperatingSystemName": "Unix",
  "OperatingSystemVersion": "11.2.0.0 ",
  "FfmpegCapabilities": {
    "FullVersionInfo": "\n",
    "IsEmbyCustom": false,
    "SupportsSkipInterval": false,
    "SupportsTempSegmentWriting": false,
    "VideoDecoders": {},
    "AudioDecoders": {},
    "SubtitleDecoders": {},
    "VideoEncoders": {},
    "AudioEncoders": {},
    "SubtitleEncoders": {},
    "VideoFilters": {},
    "AudioFilters": {},
    "InputProtocols": {},
    "OutputProtocols": {},
    "HardwareAccelerations": {}
  },
  "DetectionOutputs": {},
  "VideoDecoders": {},
  "VideoEncoders": {},
  "EncodingOptions": {
    "EncodingThreadCount": 0,
    "TranscodingTempPath": "",
    "DownMixAudioBoost": 2,
    "EnableThrottling": true,
    "ThrottleBufferSize": 120,
    "ThrottleHysteresis": 8,
    "H264Crf": 23,
    "H264Preset": "",
    "EnableHardwareEncoding": true,
    "EnableSubtitleExtraction": true,
    "CodecConfigurations": [],
    "HardwareAccelerationMode": 0,
    "HardwareDecodingCodecs": [
      "h264",
      "vc1"
    ]
  }
}
Edited by Beer

At this point I would use what's in freebsd ports now that we have 4.0 in there.

Here's the problem - we produced the beta packages so that you guys could test features before release, but given that the release packages have to be built differently using a separate process, the best testing results are not necessarily indicative of what you will expect with the stable release. In fact, they're so different that having the beta is basically like having a completely separate package. At this point to have the betas is basically doubling the amount of work for us to support the FreeBSD platform.

The beta packages are subject to break based on a mismatch of library versions of what is on your system and what our package expects. For this reason, I would just use the plugin.

Guest arcooke

Oh ok, I understand.  The plugin version number still shows 3.5.3.0 in FreeNAS, that's why I wanted to go with manual install.  I just installed it and I see now that there's an update to 4.0 available.  I'll try that instead, thanks

EDIT: This is what I ended up using.  Working fine now. https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65471-freenas-iocage-plugin-emby-3530-ffmpeg-solution/page-3&do=findComment&comment=708039

Edited by Beer

stuartsjg

Hi, can you advise how you fixed the issue based on that post?

I have tried the procedure last night but I get stuck where it tells me to change lines to match the red text (sorry I'm mobile just now so can't copy and paste it in here easily).

Hi, can you advise how you fixed the issue based on that post?

I have tried the procedure last night but I get stuck where it tells me to change lines to match the red text (sorry I'm mobile just now so can't copy and paste it in here easily).

Can you please describe the problem you're having in more detail? Thanks !