ET restarts all files after 1-2 minutes if skip to next episode is pressed on remote

Spotta

daedalus

pressing skip, OSD button and remote, now shows spinning circle for 2 minutes before starting the next episode

2019-09-18 12:46:57.656 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby Theater 3.0.9 playing Trautes Heim. Stopped at 4630 ms
2019-09-18 12:46:57.657 Info Trakt: Playback Stopped
2019-09-18 12:46:57.657 Info Trakt: Item Not fully played. Tell trakt.tv we are no longer watching but dont scrobble

2019-09-18 12:48:59.710 Info SessionManager: Playback start reported by app Emby Theater 3.0.9 playing Das Fett muss weg. Started at 0 ms
2019-09-18 12:48:59.711 Info Trakt: Playback Started
Edited by daedalus

• 1 month later...
daedalus

still happens on "normal" plays

but seems not to be happening atm on shuffled plays

this just gets literally ridiculous, nearly a year and you seem to have no clue why/how this happens nor how to fix it

• Like 2

still happens on "normal" plays

but seems not to be happening atm on shuffled plays

this just gets literally ridiculous, nearly a year and you seem to have no clue why/how this happens nor how to fix it

I apologize. I've tested this many, many times and haven't reproduced. I'm not doubting your issue, I'm just having trouble tracking it down.

• 4 weeks later...

Million dollar question I guess, but I feel like it could still happen with shuffling, you may just not have seen it occur yet. Why, because the shuffle happens prior to even starting playback. After that it's all the same.

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize. I've tested this many, many times and haven't reproduced. I'm not doubting your issue, I'm just having trouble tracking it down.

Seems strange that it's not happening everywhere. It's happening on all of my machines that run ET; it's gotten to where I've just gotten used to stopping playback near the end of each episode and navigating to the home screen to select the next episode from the "next up" section, instead of letting it start automatically, since now my episodes restart at exactly the two minute mark 100% of the time if I use the "play next episode" button, or let the episode play through to the end and automatically start the next episode, hold the skip ahead button to skip to the next episode OR use the skip ahead button to fast-forward/skip through the end credits to the next episode.

This behavior is consistent on 3 of my machines running ET, one of them is a solid-state mini-PC with nothing but ET running on it.

Seems strange that it's not happening everywhere. It's happening on all of my machines that run ET; it's gotten to where I've just gotten used to stopping playback near the end of each episode and navigating to the home screen to select the next episode from the "next up" section, instead of letting it start automatically, since now my episodes restart at exactly the two minute mark 100% of the time if I use the "play next episode" button, or let the episode play through to the end and automatically start the next episode, hold the skip ahead button to skip to the next episode OR use the skip ahead button to fast-forward/skip through the end credits to the next episode.

This behavior is consistent on 3 of my machines running ET, one of them is a solid-state mini-PC with nothing but ET running on it.

Can you do this procedure here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/?p=819040

And then recreate the problem and capture the complete console output. Thanks.

For some reason I just have a blank white screen during playback while the console is open

Ok yes I forgot about that, but if you manipulate the player using your remote control are you able to work around that?

Ok yes I forgot about that, but if you manipulate the player using your remote control are you able to work around that?

I'll try and make time to do some testing tomorrow. This afternoon I skipped toward the end of a couple of episodes with the progress bar and let it play the last 20 seconds or so before continuing to the next episode, and it didn't skip back after two minutes like it normally does, so tomorrow I'll play a new episode from the beginning and try to catch it before the end and skip to the next episode with the remote like I normally do and see if it happens.

Which part of the console output are you interested in? It seems very long and I'm worried there might be sensitive data on there such as my public IP, etc.

Well I'd like to understand the sequence of events so the whole thing would be nice. You can always send that over PM. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

@@Luke, I haven't had an opportunity to get a log when this issue occurs, has anyone else that's been having this issue managed to get a log to you, or any more investigation into what's causing the issue? It's still happening to me basically every time I watch an episode of a TV show and let it continue (or skip) to the next one.

• 6 months later...