Subtitle encoding issues on Dlna (LG netcast)
Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:17 PM
I am encountering an issue that is driving me crazy.
Subtitles (external srt files) are not shown correctly over dlna on 2 LG TVs (netcast, not webos).
The subtitles are in Romanian - latin 2 (ISO 8859-2) encoding.
On the web player or chromecast everything works just fine.
What i already tried:
- save the srt file with UTF-8 encoding.
- subtitle file name set as movie.ro.srt / movie.default.ro.srt.
Same settings work just fine with Plex (I recently switched from Plex to Emby due many other issues).
Is there anything i can do on the server side?
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:50 PM
Just upgraded to 188.8.131.52
Subtitles look exactly the same.
Furthemore, Live TV seems to be broken now. I am getting the "no compatible streams are currently available" error.
Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:22 AM
So, what exactly do i need to do?
I thought that opening a topic with my specific issue is the correct way to report a problem.
As per your statement, this should have been resolved in version 3.6.
However, an official 3.6 release has been skipped and 184.108.40.206 is the current release.
Please let me know what is required on my end.
Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:01 AM
In regards to the subtitle issue, i already provided the logs.
For the live tv, i don't know if this is really an issue or just the way it is.
Back in the 3.5 version, i was able to use live tv on my android phone, without a Premiere subscription.
Does it require a subscription now, or it should work as before?
After upgrading, when trying to play a tv channel, i was getting the "no compatible streams are currently available"
Tried to uninstall the TVHclient and reinstall, but now i cannot see any channel, only the recordings.
Please let me know if this is normal or not, before uploading any logs.
Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:30 PM
I have been away from home for the past 2 weeks, so i couldn't upload any logs.
However, i did a little bit of troubleshooting on my own, and i think i finally solved this.
I enabled extended logging along with DLNA logging, and what i found out is that the server was always sending the movie.srt subtile file, instead of the movie.ro.srt file.
The movie.srt file is the original, unaltered subtitle, while the movie.srt.ro is converted to ISO 8859-2 (latin2) and UTF-8.
Once i converted the movie.srt file to ISO 8859-2 (latin2) and UTF-8, all characters are correctly displayed.
From my perspective, this topic can be closed now.
Luke, thank you for your support!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users