music video library

curiousgally

curiousgally

I'm starting to build a music video library downloading from various sources like youtube etc. As I'm just getting started, would like to know from dev or others with experience on the right approach that would play well with emby and long term too. All my videos would be 1080p. All of my collection would be regional and so I don't think automated info fetching plugins will help build the album info etc. I'm a hands-on programmer and can generate files (like nfo) programatically that can be attached to each of the video. Using the metadata manager from emby wouldn't be an option as it would be manual and time consuming. Not sure what is supported/not-supported for music videos in emby. Searched through the forums/wiki and it doesn't seem to be a happy path to achieve flexibility of lookup of videos based on artists/albums, actors etc etc. So would love to know from dev perspective of what's the best way to go forward (in terms of structure or providing metadata) to achieve flexibility in building my collection. 

Thanks !!!

Edited by curiousgally

Hi, welcome. Nfo files are supported. What I would suggest doing is using the metadata editor to edit one title, click save, and then examine the nfo file that is generated. you can then use this as a template for other videos. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

curiousgally

Hi, welcome. Nfo files are supported. What I would suggest doing is using the metadata editor to edit one title, click save, and then examine the nfo file that is generated. you can then use this as a template for other videos. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Sure luke will keep you posted on how this goes !!!

I'm using this for my music videos https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediacompanion/ I set it up to use Wikipedia as a data source, and It seems to work well enough for cover art, etc.  I also have my music videos nested in this file structure:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Thanks for the recommendation, will check it out if it works for me.