#41 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • Local time: 06:39 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

That detail screen layout has text that is WAY too small for a 10' interface.

However, a re-design for the detail screen is coming soon as well.

Yeah I know. Was kind of hoping for something similar though. Move the Cast/Crew down a bit (which I don't think you want to do) so that only the Cast/Crew title shows, which leaves a bit more space, move the Description down so that it takes much more of the width of the screen (wider but much less vertical space used). Maybe in general make more of a hole in the middle (and top ?) to see more of the background (which won't be blurred - yes, I know, again, haven't given up yet :) )

• HRSCR likes this

#42 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2923 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 PM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

You changed the highlight color - trying to slide that one by me.... ;)

I ACTUALLY like the white better - doesn't interfere with the in progress bar anymore. The rectangle could be a few pixels thicker - for my eyes. 2 or 4px wider?

The rest looks great - will have to grow on me. Side menu option I like looks nice (without). I did notice it popping out a blank area on the left when I was backing out of something - Like it was trying to show the menu and then realized I had it off, bad explanation I know. I'll try and screenshot it if I see that again.

Great job!!

I agree,  I'd still prefer yellow over white but understand the reason not to use it.

But it does need to be thicker to stand out a bit more.  The green was easier to see because it was thicker.

Overall a nice release from my limited playing with it!

I haven't been able to access the side menu yet.  It doesn't show up like it used to.  What's the secret?

• arrbee99 and kanipek like this

#43 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:13 PM

Its under App Settings > General Display > Use Card Style

#44 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2923 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

Its under App Settings > General Display > Use Card Style

Hmm thought I had clicked it but when I just looked it wasn't selected.  Now I've got the menu.

THANKS!

• arrbee99 likes this

#45 miniz98 OFFLINE  

miniz98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

No way!!! Love you thanks!! Looks freaken great!!!!!

#46 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 11466 posts
  • Local time: 11:39 AM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:52 PM

That's a definite improvement! Much nicer to navigate. One thing that's always bothered me is the inconsistency in the art on the home page. Example: for my 'latest' TV archive, I have a mixture of banners and covers. I don't mind which one, but can it be just one? Either banners or covers? Although, covers seem to be more prevalent. Symmetry, I like symmetry :)

But nice job ebr. Much better :)

• CBers, cayars and kanipek like this

#47 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

That's a definite improvement! Much nicer to navigate. One thing that's always bothered me is the inconsistency in the art on the home page. Example: for my 'latest' TV archive, I have a mixture of banners and covers. I don't mind which one, but can it be just one? Either banners or covers? Although, covers seem to be more prevalent. Symmetry, I like symmetry :)

You mean thumbs, right?

With the 3.6 server, you will see just posters here.

• HRSCR likes this

#48 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 11466 posts
  • Local time: 11:39 AM

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

You mean thumbs, right?

With the 3.6 server, you will see just posters here.

Actually, I think they are backdrops. But if it's going to be uniform with server 3.6, then I'm all good. I haven't messed with my beta server lately, so maybe I'll take a look.

#49 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

I know this isn't exactly the right thread (or forum) to ask, but I believe you can take screenshots on the Shield TV ? Anyone know how to get said screenshot onto a Windows PC on the same network, preferably really easily.

#50 Jdiesel OFFLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2644 posts
  • Local time: 12:39 PM
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:38 PM

I know this isn't exactly the right thread (or forum) to ask, but I believe you can take screenshots on the Shield TV ? Anyone know how to get said screenshot onto a Windows PC on the same network, preferably really easily.

Not "really" easy but I have Solid Explorer installed on my Shield TV and I move files around by sending to my NAS which can then be accessed by other devices on my network. You could also use Solid Explorer, or any file manager app, to transfer the files to a USB thumb drive.

#51 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

Thanks. Thought about a thumb drive just after I posted. Probably the easiest way  :)

#52 cybergrimes OFFLINE  

cybergrimes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Local time: 01:39 PM
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

X-plore has Send Anywhere built-in which makes sending files from your PC or phone an absolute breeze.

#53 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

X-plore as from Lonely Cat Games ? That looks promising. Thanks !

#54 cybergrimes OFFLINE  

cybergrimes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Local time: 01:39 PM
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Yes, it's decent but mostly use it because it works with Send Anywhere. I've been using that a lot for moving files across devices, on desktop it has a right click context menu to quick select one of your devices or you can get a code that you type in on other device. IMO it's easier than using NAS as a middle man or pulling out the thumb drive.
  • arrbee99 likes this

#55 James OFFLINE  

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:13 AM

I'm not sure if this has been brought up but the number of columns for album artists etc on auto or medium only uses 3 columns just like large but smaller icons

#56 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:01 PM

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to move the App Settings, Logout Family and Switch User settings from the home page to each individual My Media item ? Maybe they could be a different row above the a-z, favourite, settings tools. Just saves going back to the home page each time, puts them with other tools and not with Continue Watching, Live TV, etc.

Just a thought.

#57 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15244 posts
  • Local time: 07:39 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:09 AM

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to move the App Settings, Logout Family and Switch User settings from the home page to each individual My Media item ?

No.

Might be more useful to have a "HOME" button that jumps back to the Emby home screen, although that has been requested many times.

#58 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:20 PM

Is there a command to get the Mini TV guide to appear on the Shield ?

#59 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2728 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:21 PM

Still fuzzy backgrounds.

#60 Jdiesel OFFLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2644 posts
  • Local time: 12:39 PM
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:44 PM

Yeah right now with the amount of blur being applied to the backdrops they are almost better off being removed completely. Is the blur being applied to allow a lower quality image to be shown or is it for cosmetic reasons?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users