201 replies to this topic

#21 James OFFLINE  

James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Local time: 03:39 PM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:56 AM

Bit of a bug on Shield (yes I finally bought one) and maybe other devices.

Somehow after watching a bit of TV and then going back to the main page I got the Live TV row to overlap the Continue Watching row, so the Live TV row is kind of half a row down from Continue Watching but the images/posters are overlapping. Sorry don't know how to get a screenshot.

Kind of like this...

EDIT: It goes away if you just scroll up and down though.

5c0da61a299f5_EmbyShield68Overlapping.jp

the overlap issue on the shield has been happening for a while. for me whenever i return to the home screen the options row slides under the previous row

edit: like the new home screen minus the menu. what i really like is the white highlight box. much better than the green one

not a fan of the dark theme under lighting effect. would really prefer a more solid and even backgound

Edited by James, 10 December 2018 - 01:21 AM.

• arrbee99 likes this

#22 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • Local time: 08:39 AM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:07 AM

While I'm here I think I'd really like the Android app to look like this...

5c0e10a6354d8_EmbyAmazonlikeWeb.jpg

• jasonmcroy likes this

#23 samuelqwe ONLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 PM
  • LocationEarth, Milky Way

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:27 AM

Woah, that actually looks really nice! I wish it were like that...

#24 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:33 AM

That was from Chrome. Not exactly a 10 foot interface though. Still, you don't ask, you don't get...

• cybergrimes likes this

#25 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:38 AM

Just popping in to say that I think it looks great @ebr! I didn't see this thread before I updated the app earlier tonight and then opened it up and was surprised as hell! I played with the options and could get the side menu to come and go away. I really like it much better without the side menu there. It is more like the ET app now!

By the way, I REALLY like the mock up by @arrbee99 above! That looks pretty slick.

• arrbee99 likes this

#26 samuelqwe ONLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationEarth, Milky Way

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:39 AM

That was from Chrome. Not exactly a 10 foot interface though. Still, you don't ask, you don't get...

Ah yes, it does look to be the web interface. Did you do this with custom CSS on Emby?

#27 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:50 AM

Ah yes, it does look to be the web interface. Did you do this with custom CSS on Emby?

Yep. Happy2play and others actually kindly come up with stuff, all I can do is copy it.

I think its this...

/* ----- Change Movie Active Thumbnail Image Size ----- */
/*#itemDetailPage .portraitDetailImageContainer {
     display: none; !important;
}*/

#itemDetailPage div.detailImageContainer.detailimg-hidemobile.portraitDetailImageContainer {display: none; }

First bit gets rid of the poster, second bit stops the first bit getting rid of actor images when you click on them from a movie.

Its from the second page of this...

#28 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15014 posts
  • Local time: 08:39 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:40 AM

Has @Doofus tried it on his Shield yet?
  • Spaceboy and PenkethBoy like this

#29 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Local time: 01:39 PM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:03 AM

Hi @ebr . Great job.

Interface on Shield looks more clean.

Interface on Shield looks more clean.    The first time that i ran this version the left menu was not there, when i browsed down to "APP settings" and open it and look for any new setting, i close it down and the left menu return back and hide fine when is needed. 

I founded better color in the background, the hard black background is gone (thank you), now is a dark gray and looks more elegant, and clean, now the hard contrast of the background with the posters is not extreme which is a lot of better to watch that more clean new look

I'm not fan of the square for the posters. The backdrop option while browsing is not working but i'm still thinking if it is necessary, maybe with this new good look and feel and without hard color in the background is no longer needed.

Pastel or soft colors works better for main themes like this, definitivetly looks more elegant. Another more lighted themes can be available for those that like the neon's effects or so. 

I ask for leave the background on the main window of the  movies/TV shows etc. transparent and apply some overlay where the text is, ONLY. Maybe in that way that improve the look of the backdrop and looks more elegant, because if the backdrop "fanart" is to dark sometimes and it is hard to watch were some overlay is applied to all image, and i know that many of us like to see that image very clear on our big screens.

Great improvement.

Thanks.

Edited by HRSCR, 10 December 2018 - 06:18 AM.

#30 adamstewiegreen OFFLINE  

adamstewiegreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Local time: 07:39 AM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:43 AM

Looks great, but I prefer posters over logos.  I have bunch of bugs to iron out on mine now that I'm using the beta server, I'm waiting for it to be the stable release before I start playing with it.

I think Emby already has the ideal 10 foot layout and that's the horizontal view on the ipad.  It's nearly perfect.

• arrbee99 likes this

#31 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15014 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:04 AM

Eric - just installed on my 2nd Shield and immediately turned off the "highlight rectangle" option, but when I backed out, the left-hand menu was displayed.

I didn't enable the "Enable Home Screen Fast Lane" option, but looking in the settings, it was enabled, so not sure what's happening.

I have submitted in-app logs (user=Master).

Closing the app and re-opening it, still causes the left-hand menu to be displayed.

I have now disabled that option again and all is OK again.

Just thought I'd mention it.

#32 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Local time: 01:39 PM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:25 AM

Looks great, but I prefer posters over logos.  I have bunch of bugs to iron out on mine now that I'm using the beta server, I'm waiting for it to be the stable release before I start playing with it.

I think Emby already has the ideal 10 foot layout and that's the horizontal view on the ipad.  It's nearly perfect.

You can choose logos or not in the app settings

#33 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12282 posts
  • Local time: 12:39 PM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:15 AM

Has @Doofus tried it on his Shield yet?

Not yet, been working on other things. I'll plug the shield in when I get a minute, and take a look.
  • CBers likes this

#34 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46993 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

That detail screen layout has text that is WAY too small for a 10' interface.

However, a re-design for the detail screen is coming soon as well.

#35 clarkss12 ONLINE  

clarkss12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:17 PM

I know this is way off tangent, but been meaning to point this out numerous times, but too lazy to so so.  I have most of my movies from DVD rips, and a growing number from BlueRay.  Now I have ONE that is UHD (4k).  When I go to the main movie screen, I would like to see the details of Video codec and audio.  Hope these images explain my mumblings.  

First image is from the main screen.

Attached File  before.jpg   103.03KB   17 downloads

Second image is the main movie screen.

Attached File  video.jpg   70.01KB   15 downloads

Third image is after going back to the main screen.

Attached File  after.jpg   102.19KB   17 downloads

#36 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2779 posts
  • Local time: 12:39 PM

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

^^Intersting catch^^

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

#37 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2337 posts
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Oh, wait, this is a Fire...  I wonder if there is a problem with the older version of Android.  @maegibbons, you seeing any of this?

Just tried the Fire TV, switching on and off cards and fast lane.  Not seen any issues.

Krs

Mark

#38 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15014 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

I know this is way off tangent, but been meaning to point this out numerous times, but too lazy to so so. I have most of my movies from DVD rips, and a growing number from BlueRay. Now I have ONE that is UHD (4k). When I go to the main movie screen, I would like to see the details of Video codec and audio. Hope these images explain my mumblings.

I believe I've brought this up in the past and Eric says that you only get basic info until the full details page is displayed.

It's the same in the Next Up TV and Latest TV/Movies rows as well.
  • HRSCR likes this

#39 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

Any chance of a screenshot maybe ? Don't know how easy it is to get one off an iPad though.

#40 arrbee99 ONLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:56 PM

Eric - just installed on my 2nd Shield and immediately turned off the "highlight rectangle" option, but when I backed out, the left-hand menu was displayed.

I didn't enable the "Enable Home Screen Fast Lane" option, but looking in the settings, it was enabled, so not sure what's happening.

I have submitted in-app logs (user=Master).

Closing the app and re-opening it, still causes the left-hand menu to be displayed.

I have now disabled that option again and all is OK again.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Sounds a bit like what I got on my Fire TV. But then Maegibbons doesn't get it on his Fire TV. Haven't had it on my Shield, but then I haven't tried fiddling with the show/hide side menu thing either.

What is this Fast Lane of which you speak ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users