quetzalcoatl666

quetzalcoatl666

Hi,

I have an issue with movie sets not being syncronized from the Emby server to Kodi. I am using Emby server 3.5.3.0 with Kodi companion 2.0.3.0 and Auto Box Sets 1.1.3.0. On Kodi side I have 3 clients: 2x Kodi 17.6 with Emby for Kodi 3.0.34 and Kodi 18.0-RC2 with Emby for Kodi 3.1.35a. On each of the clients I am missing the majority of my movie sets, means that some sets are there but most of the ones that are shown directly on the Emby server are not. I had the feeling, that sets appear after I clicked on them on the server (via browser) but that is also not always the case. On the two clients with Emby for Kodi 3.0.34 another strange thing happens: When I hit the button "Update Sets" in the plugin, all the movie sets that were there before are gone.

I really need the movie sets to be working, since I have about 450 of them...

What can I do?

Sven

Angelblue05

Do movies belong to multiple sets? If so, it’s not something Kodi supports. The addon grabs the sets in alphabetical order. If the movie belongs to multiple set in Emby, it’ll place the movie in the last set encountered for each movie.

quetzalcoatl666

Hi,

thanks for replying.

No, till now I do not have multiple sets that I'm aware of. The movie sets synchronization seem to be pretty random. E.g. my X-Mencollection(10 entries in Emby) has only 1 entry and 'Are we collection' set (2 movies) doesn't show up at all in Kodi. I forgot to mention that the sets had been working until an Emby update (some time this summer?). I believe that it stopped working when the movie sets / box sets library showed up in Emby server.

Another thing: with EmbyCon it seems to work (but the start up time of Kodi is much worse then).

I have a similar issue. I already had Kodi up and running for several years and I have lots of movie sets. I recently installed Emby and the Kodi plugin. The watched status is being synced, but I have no movie sets in Emby now.

quetzalcoatl666

@JBX: My movie sets are in Emby (in the library for box sets and in the movies libraries as well). They just don't get (completely) synced to Kodi.

Have you installed the Auto Box Sets in Emby?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Until I figure why this is not showing up, you should still have access to the dynamic listing for collections.

Launch the addon > collections.

@JBX: My movie sets are in Emby (in the library for box sets and in the movies libraries as well). They just don't get (completely) synced to Kodi.

Have you installed the Auto Box Sets in Emby?

I expected to see the collections in Emby that I already defined in Kodi. However after syncing that was not the case.

I installed the Auto Box Sets plugin. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

quetzalcoatl666

@@Angelblue05

Just wanted to let you know, that, while 'Launch the addon > collections' works fine with Emby for Kodi 3.1.35a but it with Emby for Kodi 3.0.34 I don't see that menu button. All I have there is a collection button ("Zusammenstellungen") in each movie library and it shows the same results the normal collections do.

• 4 weeks later...
quetzalcoatl666

Hi there,

I don't want to seem impatient but is there any progress on this topic?

Last night I just realized that the amount of movie sets in Kodi is growing the longer it is in use. Unfortunately I had to perform a manual DB update (whole DB, not only boxset refresh) and all of my movie sets are gone again! :o

Since I have this issue with multiple Kodi setups (as mentioned) and it persists with different Kodi skins, too, I'm pretty sure the reason for this lies in the way Emby / Emby for Kodi synchronizes the box sets. But it makes me wonder why there are not more people reporting this... I've found this topic which could be applicable here, because my Kodi users also don't have access to all libraries. Changing user rights doesn't do it for me, though, because there are libraries that should not be accessable via Kodi.

Angelblue05

@@quetzalcoatl666

Sorry about the delay, you know I can only work on this project during my free time and other things always are a bigger priority. But I have not forgotten about your issue. It's on my list.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1