Signing up for Schedules Direct - What Software do I select

cymro

Hi,

I am a complete newbie transferring from Plex and am impressed with enough aspects of Emby that I am in the process of signing up. LiveTV and PVR functionality is important to me - so I want to get this right! I am in the process of signing up for Schedules Direct - but in the "Software you Use" section Emby is not listed. What do I select here? I am in the UK. Apologies if this is a basic question that I have completely missed. I see reference to epg123 under JSON, but am just not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks very much for this. I have just signed up for Emby Premier. However - on my Nvidia and Samsung TV app - Live TV remains empty with no content and the word Empty. Should I do anything else? On my Mac I have gone to the settings and clicked the refresh guide data - but nothing seems to happen. I have not added anything to the TV Guide Data Providers - assuming it would be automatic. Thanks for your help.

Ok - Apologies - I am missing something very simple obviously. In the post that you gave a link - it mentions the free Gracenote service included in Premier subscription - that was the one I thought I could get now - living in the UK. Look as I have - I cannot find the "Emby guide provider" or option for that - I get Schedules Direct, XML or other (and no Emby Services). Where do I find Emby guide provider and enter my postcode as per your link? I honestly have tried to find these answers myself - but am a bit confused - and as I mentioned - Live TV was my main concern switching over - so I need to get it right!

Thanks for your continued advice

Yes that's correct, that is coming, but it's not available just yet. That means as of today you still need to use either Schedules Direct or XmlTv.

Bill Mini

I am in the same situation. I have tried, and tried to do a simple set up with schedules direct. Inside the schedules page all is fine (I guess) but once back in Emby nothing shows up in the guide setup. I would try the XML alternative but have NO idea to do that. This should not be that difficult. My server is a Mac Mini, if that is of any consequence. Need help here. Thanks