Probelm with Live TV after adding and removing tuner source (only on Xbox)

plaidstallion

plaidstallion

Hello,

I initially had a small m3u set up for some local channels and everything was working fine across all my clients. I then added another larger m3u (alongside my original) to test and when I removed it and reverted back to only using the former list, the Xbox Emby client will "freeze" after loading the guide. The info is shown but I can not navigate within the menus there (Programs, Guide, Channels, Recording, etc). By default, the app loads to the Guide portion and I am not sure if this is the problem. About the same time that I had added the previously mentioned larger list, my epg data source stopped working. I removed it at that time. Anyway, I now see the channel icons in the guide for the first 6 or so channels (screenshot attached) but I can't navigate them and start streams or move around in the menu at all. I can press B to move back to the main screen where everything else seems to be functioning fine; navigation and local play of other libraries.

This is happening only on the Xbox One. Live TV can still be started (despite not knowing what is playing on the channel) on the two installed versions of the Emby App on my Windows 10 laptop (Windows Store and local install) and my mobile clients.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the Xbox One but the same behavior persists. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Edit: I just removed the remaining m3u source and the Live TV section on the Xbox shows the change with no channels listed anymore but I still can't move around to the different menu items up top (Programs, Guide, Channels, etc). It still defaults to landing on guide. Channels are listed again on the Xbox (like the attached screenshot) when I add the m3u source back to the server.

post-368092-0-47860300-1544368214_thumb.jpg

Edited by plaidstallion

Hi, have you tried restarting the xbox app? Also have you refreshed the guide from within the emby server dashboard? Thanks.

plaidstallion

Hi, have you tried restarting the xbox app? Also have you refreshed the guide from within the emby server dashboard? Thanks.

I have restarted the app, hard shutdown the Xbox (unplug and replug), uninstalled/reinstalled the app. I have also refreshed the guide in Emby Server dashboard several times both as a separate action and when adding and removing the m3u lists and epg data.

Like I said, the guide updates accordingly when I remove all m3u lists and shows them again when they are added back. I just can't navigate that portion of the program at all, where it works fine on all my other devices.

plaidstallion

Any ideas? At this point it almost seems like I am going to have to try and find another client to watch live TV on the actual TV.

plaidstallion

So I found another forum post for a similar sounding problem with an AppleTV client:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52169-livetv-not-working/

The problem there may be the lack of guide data. Is that possibly an issue for the Xbox One client being able to use the live streams? I don't have a functional epg to test with, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

@@plaidstallion, if you don't have an EPG, then try using the Channels tab under the Live TV section to play a channel directly.

Does this help? You can even use your home screen settings to make Channels the default tab. If you don't have guide data then this will give you a better experience. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
plaidstallion

@@plaidstallion, if you don't have an EPG, then try using the Channels tab under the Live TV section to play a channel directly.

Does this help? You can even use your home screen settings to make Channels the default tab. If you don't have guide data then this will give you a better experience. Thanks !

That is the problem, that I can not move to any other part of the tab other than the guide once I enter. I did verify that it is because it is the lack of a guide that I am unable to move around in the LiveTV section when using the app on Xbox One, only. I looked through the server settings and don't see how to choose a different default tab in LiveTV. Can you provide some assistance on that?

Thanks.

It would be in the app's settings under home screen settings. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.