Add the option to mark and show if a song/album is explicit

JrD

hey so i noticed that in most streaming sites like Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music it has a small "E" icon (see images) by the album name and some songs marking if they are explicit. I was wondering if this feature could be added to Emby. Like either you mark it manually or the metadata scraper automatically adds it. This would help when knowing what songs might not be safe to play at all places and this could be an option when it comes to parental controls. Like if you don't want your kid or a user to listen explicit music then you'd be able to check not to allow explicit music. Anyway is there a way to add this?

post-213354-0-49747100-1544337083_thumb.jpg

post-213354-0-90811500-1544337092_thumb.jpg

post-213354-0-42879500-1544337116_thumb.jpg 

• Like 1

Hi.  I believe our parental controls feature would allow you to completely hide these if you wish.  Just give the item a rating above whatever the limit is for the user.

Hi. I believe our parental controls feature would allow you to completely hide these if you wish. Just give the item a rating above whatever the limit is for the user.

Ok, would the “E” icon be a future feature though?

Deathsquirrel

This information would need to exist in the source metadata to be supported.  I glanced at what musicbrainz had to say about a couple discs that I know would be fagged as explicit.  Nothing popped out on the website for them.  It's still possible that the data is in their DB but not displayed of course.

• 2 years later...
MBSki

This post is a little old, but with the new music scanning agent in the beta, how is everyone tagging explicit songs/albums?