Im having some issues with playing back my media collection.
Let me start by telling you what equipment I have:
- Emby & my media are on a Synology DS418play (Hardware acceleration: VA API enabled, DLNA not enabled in Emby).
- My playback client is a Samsung 7 series tv with the emby app.
- All of my media is .mkv in x265
- Most of my media is 1080p, while some like in this example is 2160p (or 4K)
- Glitches dont just occur in 2160p files. For example, I get artifacts playing back The Simpsons (1080p x265 mkv)
The glitches range from a few seconds of video freeze while audio is still playing to some artifacts throughout the videos.
The attached log is from when playback is started on Daredevil S03E07 which is a 4K file to when I click exit to close the app.
During this playback I have video freeze while audio played for a few seconds. I made a note that the time when it happened was around 19:11pm.
As far as I know, the TV should be directly playing the file as it supports the codecs and the server should not be transcoding.
The emby app and server are on the latest version.
PS / I switched over from Plex (which could playback the file fine) because it kept sending info "home" and not letting the server sleep.
/ Emby is a great app and once this is hopefully resolved I will be getting Emby Premiere
Edited by oxhey, 08 December 2018 - 04:33 PM.