ATV - Trailer on Movie Screen

Stokkes

Hi,

Other platforms have this, but it's a simple request - any chance you could add a "Trailer" button on the Apple TV app when view a Movie's information?

See attached.

Thank you!

post-236057-0-48672300-1544300591_thumb.jpeg

Hi.  If you have local trailers it should already be there.

In some of the other apps you may be seeing this for YouTube trailers but those are not playable from the Apple TV app so it doesn't' show there.

Ah thanks for the explanation. Quick question - why would the iOS app support youtube trailers but the tvOS app wouldn't? Seems they should both work?

In my screenshot above (movie Peppermint), there is a trailer that shows in the iOS App.

Ah thanks for the explanation. Quick question - why would the iOS app support youtube trailers but the tvOS app wouldn't? Seems they should both work?

In my screenshot above (movie Peppermint), there is a trailer that shows in the iOS App.

Because the iOS app is using a javascript youtube SDK to play youtube content. We're not able to use that from TVML in the apple tv app.

• 2 weeks later...
gene0915

Because the iOS app is using a javascript youtube SDK to play youtube content. We're not able to use that from TVML in the apple tv app.

Sorry to necro an old'ish thread but will this ever change or will there never be any trailers on the Apple TV?

We are constantly re-evaluating this and looking for more ways to bring trailers to our apple tv app. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
d21mike

I am just coming from Plex and they have trailers in the Apple TV App.  Not sure how they do it unless every movie has a local trailer.

I do have the Trailers Plug In.  How do we go about getting local trailers and where are they stored?  Are they in the same folder as the movie if the movies is in a folder?