Question about Remote Control

zaid.mka.90

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm wondering where this topic panned out? It seems like a no-brainer to allow an option to "disable all remote control" for a specific user. I feel like this is a VERY basic ask. Do you have any suggestions for how to accomplish this? I'd prefer not to set up an LDAP server. 

Hi, I'm wondering where this topic panned out? It seems like a no-brainer to allow an option to "disable all remote control" for a specific user. I feel like this is a VERY basic ask. Do you have any suggestions for how to accomplish this? I'd prefer not to set up an LDAP server. 

Hi, we still have the two remote control permissions as mentioned above.

Yes, but even after disabling both of the two you mention, the user's other sessions still appear as options to remote control. Isn't it a pretty normal and common use case to disable unnecessary and unwanted functionality?

I can't help but assume this is an intended decision to encourage the use of emby auth/emby premium. As well as to discourage multiple users from using the same credentials. There is no reason not to allow disabling remote control. It's not even a useful addition. I have never once wanted to control another browser from my phone or something. Also, most people are casting now anyway. That icon should only cast.

5c0f4fde464ea_5c0aa32f25b93_redgrungecin

u had already :) but not active under same user ... ((shared devices under same user))

Are you sure you logged in as the same user you configured it for? I just tested this for a brand new user, and after taking away these permissions it could not see other devices for remote control.

UGHH, you are right, i'm wrong. You're smart, I'm dumb. You're good looking, I'm unattractive. I was logged in as the wrong user when i tried before. Thanks!