Question about Remote Control

zaid.mka.90

zaid.mka.90

hi...
i have a emby server on windows...
i turn the DLNA server off and ((enable dlna to)) off too
and from the user panel i disable control other users and devices ... but still the devices control each other under same user! 
how to disable that please ? 

zaid.mka.90

hi Luck thank for your replay..
for example: 
i have iPad and iPhone login with same user. (Client not the admin).. each one of them can control each other in case of control or mirror from the ((Play On))
i turn off the dlna and remote control from the user but not workin! still each one control the other! how to stop it? or prevent the devices to control each other under same user? 

zaid.mka.90

i thought its related ! .... so how to stop the remote control and mirroring between devices in under same user?
i  5c0aa32f25b93_redgrungecinemalogovector4

i do this setting but not work! 

zaid.mka.90

hi.... its my second time to ask!
i just got premiere key. i try to stop the remote control and mirror from the setting of the user: 5c0bede8994f0_redgrungecinemalogovector4but still the devices control and mirror each other under same user! which is totally wrong!
i also check the policy of the user and its set to false! 
what to do to stop this?

but still the devices control and mirror each other under same user! 

Are you saying different devices/apps are logged in as the same user?  If so, those settings wouldn't apply...

zaid.mka.90

well i want to buy above 100 license devices ! if each device control other it will be a massive problem! guess u need to update ur remote control policy ! 

zaid.mka.90

i aim to buy 500 devices licences .... its not a smart to user 500 account! ...... its just option to off ,cant even understand why the option not work!
the option said "remote control of shared devices!" then "ADMIN" said its not work like this ! lol...
u guyz have a good software .... but bad solution for your clients!   

Did you try turning off the option to allow remote control of other user's devices?

They are all logging in as the same user.

Happy2Play

To me the setting is self explanatory  "allow remote control of other user's devices".  A user account will allows be able to control all device when logged in to that user account.  That is why you have multiple users. 

How would you maintain a watched status for say 100/500 devices with only one account?

They are all logging in as the same user.

Oh my mistake, sorry. Ok then yes that's going to be difficult.

Why can't they be separate users?

zaid.mka.90

its about controlling devices not users!
500 devices is a big number to manage in 500 users specially u dont support register a user from client side
when u give a user to friends and a not expert one use the mirror or control the other device and unable to stop it, its a glitch

so i hope u guys stop the remote control and mirror under same user and control these feature from admin

miniliQuid

To me the setting is self explanatory  "allow remote control of other user's devices".  A user account will allows be able to control all device when logged in to that user account.  That is why you have multiple users. 

How would you maintain a watched status for say 100/500 devices with only one account?

Well this was what I was thinking, unless it's the same person with a bunch of devices, giving everyone the same user account seems annoying for them.

Also would be difficult if they all want their home screen lay-out set up in a different way.

However that would be easily solved with a couple of guest accounts all set up with a different lay-out.

Watched status isn't solved that easily though...