#41 arche OFFLINE  

arche

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 837 posts
  • Local time: 05:00 PM
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

Unfortunately my Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD is not working with Emby. Drivers installed, works fine with TV apps in Windows, also Plex can see it, but Emby is unable to find it.

H265 hardware transcoding also doesn't work at all, I get just "Undefined Render error:5" in client.

I can can provide logs, if it can help to solve the errors.

as @arrbee99 said, this might be the same as this post https://emby.media/c...tuner/?p=765469

#42 davidkejzlar OFFLINE  

davidkejzlar

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 01:00 AM

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Still Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD can't be found after installing WinTV 8.5.

Same error "No new devices found. To add a new tuner, close this dialog and enter the device information manually." appears after schanning for tuner, see logs.

HEVC transcoding still fails, also attached ffmpeg logs.

Attached Files

#43 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts
  • Local time: 06:00 PM

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:54 PM

Still Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD can't be found after installing WinTV 8.5.

Same error "No new devices found. To add a new tuner, close this dialog and enter the device information manually." appears after schanning for tuner, see logs.

HEVC transcoding still fails, also attached ffmpeg logs.

Regarding the transcoding, did you follow our hardware acceleration setup guide?

#44 davidkejzlar OFFLINE  

davidkejzlar

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

Yes, installed latest Intel graphic drivers, monitor (HDMI TV) is connected to the PC and Emby is not started as service, but as program after Windows start.

#45 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:14 PM

Are your hauppauge drivers up to date?

#46 davidkejzlar OFFLINE  

davidkejzlar

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:21 AM

Yes, thanks for help. The TV problem was solved by itself after Emby update 4.2.1.0

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback !

#48 Molly_kinetic OFFLINE  

Molly_kinetic

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 12:00 AM

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:28 PM

I'm having another look at doing a migration from Plex to Emby, this is the second time that I have seriously attempted it but there is one major snag that prevents me from using Emby.

Tags.  I have a plex library with ~4000 custom content videos that meta data cannot be pulled from some source online.  This library is a mix of my own content for my business, youtube channel, security cameras etc..

What I have done is manually add tags to them in plex to describe the content.  If emby was able to get those tags and match them to the files then i'd switch over to emby now.

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this?

#49 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:34 PM

I'm having another look at doing a migration from Plex to Emby, this is the second time that I have seriously attempted it but there is one major snag that prevents me from using Emby.

Tags.  I have a plex library with ~4000 custom content videos that meta data cannot be pulled from some source online.  This library is a mix of my own content for my business, youtube channel, security cameras etc..

What I have done is manually add tags to them in plex to describe the content.  If emby was able to get those tags and match them to the files then i'd switch over to emby now.

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this?

If there's a way to export metadata to nfo files from that other server, then yes Emby could read those.

#50 chyron8472 OFFLINE  

chyron8472

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Local time: 05:00 PM
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

At present I am not finding a plugin for Plex that lets the you pull the metadata tags stored in Plex and output them to nfo files.

The Lambda plugin does do something along those lines, but it looks like it doesn't quite do what you want. However, the github page for that plugin does say he is working on an "XBMC compatible nfo export" function.

Edited by chyron8472, 05 September 2019 - 09:34 AM.

#51 jachin99 OFFLINE  

jachin99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:39 AM

You could also try downloading emby server and adding a library to it to see which tags survive. You should not need a premier subscription to test this. This won't be with the effort though if you know Plex doesn't store tag information in .nfo files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plex, Roku, Meta Data, Migration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users