Auto Box Sets

arrbee99

arrbee99

Wondering if I'm doing anything wrong with Auto Box Sets -

I had the 3 DVDs of Iron Man in a Iron Man collection and they showed up fine. I then added the bluray versions. These weren't added to the collection but went in the normal movies section, so I had the three separate Iron Man blurays and the Iron Man Collection (with DVD's) showing up in Movies next to each other.

I then deleted the 3 DVD's and ran a scan. The DVD's disappeared from the Iron Man collection but the collection didn't (empty collection remained). I then ran the Box Sets refresh command in the plugin and the Iron Man collection disappeared from Movies but is still present under My Media > Collections. Was hoping it would put the blurays in the collection, but they're still separate.

Happy2Play

Wondering if I'm doing anything wrong with Auto Box Sets -

I had the 3 DVDs of Iron Man in a Iron Man collection and they showed up fine. I then added the bluray versions. These weren't added to the collection but went in the normal movies section, so I had the three separate Iron Man blurays and the Iron Man Collection (with DVD's) showing up in Movies next to each other.

I then deleted the 3 DVD's and ran a scan. The DVD's disappeared from the Iron Man collection but the collection didn't (empty collection remained). I then ran the Box Sets refresh command in the plugin and the Iron Man collection disappeared from Movies but is still present under My Media > Collections. Was hoping it would put the blurays in the collection, but they're still separate.

Do the movies have the externalid in "TheMovieDb Collection Id:"?

gene0915

I have never, ever messed with Emby Movie collections until tonight. I decided to try and set them up and not having much luck. In my Plug-ins, I have 'Auto Box Set' and 'MovieDB'. When I go into my Movies, I click on the 3 little ...'s and 'Group items into collections' is checked. I then tried to 'Refresh All Metadata' on my 'Movies' library and still no collections were showing up.

So I went into a movie (Halloween) and manually created a set for it and added all the Halloween movies. When I go into 'Collections', I see Halloween but nothing else. I'm wondering if something is broken in this beta or I'm just missing something super obvious?!

Attaching a server log just in case it's needed.

Thanks

Log.txt

arrbee99

I thought the wiki was for creating Collections manually, whereas I'm using Auto Box Sets to do it automatically.

Also I've told it to show movies in Collections as Collections and not individually, which its doing fine for other stuff.

gene0915

Hi, have you actually created any collections? Try doing that first, and then they'll show up there. To learn more, please check out our Collections wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Collections

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

I'm so sorry Luke... my fingers work faster than my brains! What I meant to say........ I can't get the 'Auto Box Sets' plugin to auto-magically create my Collections. I tried going into that plugin and clicking on 'Refresh Box Sets' and nothing.

When I look at individual movies, they DO have the 'Collection ID' and it matches what TMDB has so I'm not sure what's wrong. I just spotted the 'AutoBoxSets' support forum. I'll make a quick post there.

gene0915

Have you explored the autoboxsets wiki?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/AutoBoxSets

Luke, if you want me to keep this in the 'Test' forum, no problem, just let me know.

To any and all, I made the following post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66183-movie-collection-problem-with-36075-or-user-error/ (running a beta version of the server) and the AutoBoxSets plugin isn't automatically creating my Collections. I verified the collection IDs lined up on the movie and what's in TMDB.org but no luck. Any ideas?

• Like 1

arrbee99

Luke - didn't help much. I checked the movies all had the same CollectionId as per post #3. Tried deleting the empty Iron Man Collection in the My Media > Collections tab and ran another Box Set Update, no change, Iron Man movies still separate and no new Iron Man Collection created.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

I am seeing the same behavior.  Added three Halloween Movies (I, II, and III).  Library scan identified them but never grouped into collection.  Manually ran Refresh Boxsets, no change.

Appears to only apply to new.  All existing collections are fine.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Thanks, I think Box Sets version 1.2 has fixed things for Iron Man collection, and I guess any others. Think its still a bit short of artwork, but thats from the Fanart issue mentioned elsewhere.

gene0915

The AutoBox plugin is working for me as well now! Came home and was prepared to dig into it but I guess it was recently updated because when I go into Movies and click Collections, I see tons of boxed sets!

• 3 weeks later...
alturismo

may i also can ask some questions about issues with auto box sets, i also have some issues here ...

i think all box sets are recognized but not all movies are showing up inside the boxsets.

sample Mission Impossible

5 of 6 movies are shown in the boxset, missing the title Rouge Nation ...

now whatever i do this 1 movie will not come into the boxset, manually added, refreshed boxsets plugin, ...

and when i check the datas it should be all good ... any ideas what im doing wrong or may just a little buggy ...

i have found now 6 boxsets here with this behavior, another ~ 30 are ok.

my 6 wich have issues are Bourne, Mockingjay, Expendables, Mission Impossible, Transformers, Wolverine ...

Bourne Collection only catches 1 of 5 ... but exactly same like mission impossible, all movies here, naming ok, id´s are there, ...

i attached a log when i refreshed the boxset from plugin interface.

see attached pics .. may i miss something, thanks ahead.

post-112497-0-09570900-1545548744_thumb.png

post-112497-0-00216800-1545548755_thumb.png

post-112497-0-82344900-1545548763_thumb.png

post-112497-0-80278800-1545548781_thumb.png

Log.txt

gene0915

may i also can ask some questions about issues with auto box sets, i also have some issues here ...

i think all box sets are recognized but not all movies are showing up inside the boxsets.

sample Mission Impossible

5 of 6 movies are shown in the boxset, missing the title Rouge Nation ...

now whatever i do this 1 movie will not come into the boxset, manually added, refreshed boxsets plugin, ...

and when i check the datas it should be all good ... any ideas what im doing wrong or may just a little buggy ...

i have found now 6 boxsets here with this behavior, another ~ 30 are ok.

my 6 wich have issues are Bourne, Mockingjay, Expendables, Mission Impossible, Transformers, Wolverine ...

Bourne Collection only catches 1 of 5 ... but exactly same like mission impossible, all movies here, naming ok, id´s are there, ...

i attached a log when i refreshed the boxset from plugin interface.

see attached pics .. may i miss something, thanks ahead.

Just a crazy question but is the MovieDB Collection ID the same for all your MI movies?

alturismo

Just a crazy question but is the MovieDB Collection ID the same for all your MI movies?

Sure ;-)

also on my other boxsets wich aint working properly, all movies has the correct id to their sets, thats why i dont understand it ...

and may i miss something ...

Edited by alturismo

alturismo

i issue i see now is if a movie is or comes in different formats (sample 1080p + 2160p)

sample use case here

dark knight collection, was all ok here, 3 movies in there.

now i added a 2160p version of the movie dark knight, now this movie was gone from the collection ...

so i thought lets strip them out and putted the 2160p version in a seperate folder to test what happens.

after checking the 2160p version AND then 1080p version has the collection id,

now the 2160p version was in the collection (the 1080p verion not)

now i putted them again together in 1 folder (as emby needs this to know the movie exists in different formats) the movie is again completely gone from the collection ...

so my hope also died (thought 1st to seperate them, assign each format to collection, put them together again)

all together what is weird in my oppinion.

1080p version WAS in the collection, after adding the 2160p version properly no version is in the colelction anymore, when splitting them ONLY the 2160p version is in the collection ...

while ALWAYS all versions had the correct collection ID in metadata ...

may just a point where a error could be, as this is NOT on all my movies so (i have plenty 1080/2160 versions as long emby cant tonemap on transcode).

After deleting collection and added them again this sample ended in the same end, the movie was NOT there, BUT now at least when i manually added the movie it came into the collection ...

still not working on others like Mission Impossible but i ll test futher there too with splitting and so on ...

alturismo

Have you made sure they both have the tmdb collection id?

yes ... they all have the same collection id.

another sample just in case i miss something ...

Bourne Collection

i made screenshots of emby search (5 movies), collection view (only 1 movie in collection), all 5 movies id´s inside emby (all fitting in my eyes), explorer view to see file naming ...

may u see what im missing.

post-112497-0-47707400-1545766694_thumb.png

post-112497-0-38989000-1545766706_thumb.png

post-112497-0-34432200-1545766716_thumb.png

post-112497-0-35223700-1545766721_thumb.png

post-112497-0-61510400-1545766726_thumb.png

post-112497-0-23929100-1545766732_thumb.png

post-112497-0-02786200-1545766736_thumb.png

post-112497-0-13678900-1545766744_thumb.png