[Beta] ASS subtitles on Android TV

dknaack

On both my Android TV (Sony 2015) and my Fire Stick subtitles in the ASS format don't show up when enabled with the synology server beta (both .net and mono).

The subtitles show up on latest stable release. Every other format of subtitle file I tried works fine (VTT, SRT, PGS, VOB) and every other client I tried works fine.

Logs: sendlogs_david-nas_synology_apollolake_218+_20181206T171614UTC.tgz

I'm not quite sure what the error in the log output means:

[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Shaper: FriBidi 1.0.2 (SIMPLE)
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Read failed, 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/ARIALN.TTF'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/ARIALNB.TTF'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/ARIALNBI.TTF'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/ARIALNI.TTF'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/arial.ttf'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/arialbd.ttf'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/arialbi.ttf'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/ariali.ttf'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Loading font file '/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/ariblk.ttf'
[Parsed_subtitles_3 @ 0x20b4c40] Using font provider fontconfig

Could you please verify the existence of both files:

/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf

and

/volume1/Videos/Serien/Nichijou - My Ordinary Life/Nichijou - My Ordinary Life - S01E22 - Episode 22.en.ass

Thanks

The extra font file were something I did to check if it was somehow caused by missing fonts... The issue also occurs with these missing and I've removed them now.

The subtitle file and the font file both exist but when checking I noticed that

/var/packages/EmbyServerNET/target/var/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf

is zero-sized and doesn't appear to be a symlink. I was also able to reproduce the issue with random youtube videos and youtube-dl --convert-subs ass.

Edited by dknaack