Feature freeze for 0.9.0 - please test!

xnappo

xnappo

Hi All,

We are getting ready to release 0.9.0.  There are a lot of under-the-hood changes to the code that should help with maintenance.

User changes:

- Search capability

- Better skin integration

- Update NextUp widget on stop

- Check that service is running

- Error handling for non-UNC paths

- Photo widget support

- Better MB3->XBMC art mapping

- Meta-data for playback in-progress items

- More granular debug logs

- No meta-data cache for less than 25 items (helps with TV status updates)

PLEASE give the current Git a shot and let us know if there are any bugs.  I would like to submit to the XBMC repo Wednesday.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/archive/master.zip

xnappo

• Like 2

jasonmcroy

Just a quick question to make sure I am downloading the correct file - I clicked the link but the file and changelog says this is still version 8.5.

I installed it and it works fine, so just checking.

xnappo

Search does not work for me :-(

You need to go through the search entry in the AddOn for now - that is the XBMC search.  The skin will need to be modified to go to the XBMB3C search.

xnappo

im85288

The new version of the skin 0.9.43 supports the search...you will need to get a new version of this add-on from github first though. You will probably need to "re-initialise" the skin variables too for this to be picked up. This option can be found in Skin Settings->Addon->Re Initialise Skin

Ok, I have just found the button to download a zip file on a Github & kind of understand what they are :-) the only thing I need now is the github for the 0.9.43 version as I can only find 0.9.38 ;-)

Edited by mbc0

Ballistic

I have updated to the latest git version as i am exited about the new Search option. However, i cannot seem to find the option/button anywhere.

Where is it supposed to be? I don't have it in my sources list in the XBMB3c addon.

xnappo

Search is Gotham only due to needing the python hook to bring up an input dialog.  Are you on Frodo?

Otherwise it is in the node list - it will be added to skins eventually of course.

xnappo

Can I have the github address please as I can only find 0.9.38

Thank you

Edited by mbc0

Ballistic

I have tested version 9 but was unable to submit my findings.

With this version, Stream from HTTP and Transcode options seemed to be broken. Anyone else noticed this?

I will test the repo version 9 tonight.