Multi-version Naming Edge Case (General) - Version Containing Year

jclende

I ran into an edge case in multi-version naming.

I have 2 cuts of the film The Killing of a Chinese Bookie. Afaik, the cuts are only referred to as the 1976 cut and the 1978 cut. My naming is as follows:

`The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)/The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) [1976 Cut].mkv`

`The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)/The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) [1978 Cut].mkv`

Emby is picking up the date from the version string and not from within the parenthesis. This also occurs when using the hyphen method for the versions. The result is that 2 separate films appear in my collection when they should appear as 2 different versions of the same film.

While I think this should be fixed in whatever parsing routines Emby is using, if there is a manual change I can make to the nfo file in the meantime, that would be great.

Thanks for all the hard work. I am happily a lifetime member.

post-65873-0-43081500-1544033832_thumb.png

Hi, thanks for the report. This is going to be a difficult one. You may want to just try and come up with another file name.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Does the parser only look for specific content in brackets? ie specific resolution 

Tested using " - " hyphen without issue.

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)/The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) - 1976 Cut.mkv

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)/The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) - 1978 Cut.mkv

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@@Luke

Does the parser only look for specific content in brackets? ie specific resolution 

Tested using " - " hyphen without issue.

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)/The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) - 1976 Cut.mkv

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976)/The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) - 1978 Cut.mkv

@@Happy2Play The hyphen was also giving me two films instead of versions of 1 film. Is this not the case for you?

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play The hyphen was also giving me two films instead of versions of 1 film. Is this not the case for you?

Mine appeared as one film.

5c43a5468d4c0_multi.jpg