3.1.35a seems to be interfering with auto-displaying subtitles on KODI

djhifi

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337983&pid=2797559#pid2797559

and also

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337929&pid=2797489#pid2797489

Both these posts, are reporting the following error (which is also affecting me):

When I playback a movie or tv show, the external (or internal) subtitles, are auto-turned-off. They only display once I manually force them on per-playback.

Setting "default for all media" in the "Video" section of the OSD, does nothing.

I have 3 NVidia Shields. 2 were running RC2 and running RC3 did nothing to fix.

The other NVidia Shield was running RC1 with 3.1.34a and as soon as I updated to 3.1.35a it also started getting affected by the above.

Only seems to work with 3.1.34a despite the Leia version, from my testings. As soon as 3.1.35a gets installed, subtitles are auto-turned off on each playback. Not been able to memorize "set default for all media" with .35. With .34 it works as expected.

I'm using Native Path and no transcoding on all 3 of the machines. Can't find any thing in the logs.

Edited by djhifi

Ah yes, thanks for reporting. I will correct this and post a new build.

I didnt post the log because I couldnt find the reason. Didnt turn debug logging on until seeing if you asked for it. Seems like you know what's going on.

What's the reason? I find it curious since I don't transcode and have "enable external subtitles" checked.

Angelblue05

I added a small change to make the addon follow audio/subs server detection (which follows your emby user settings). It was supposed to effect only addon playback, not native playback.

• Like 1

I added a small change to make the addon follow audio/subs server detection (which follows your emby user settings). It was supposed to effect only addon playback, not native playback.

Ahhh, got it. Ok then. Will keep on .34 until you push the fix onto a newer release. Keep me posted ^^

malteser02

Hi.

Using KODI 17.6 and EMBY-Server 3.5.3.0. Since a couple of month - I don't know when with which release - suddenly subtitles can't be turned off as a standard for "all media" within KODI OSD. If I start the video without EMBY in KODI everything is fine. Doesn't work better with 3.1.35b. Thought you should know and you might be able to fix that?

THX

Angelblue05

Hi.

Using KODI 17.6 and EMBY-Server 3.5.3.0. Since a couple of month - I don't know when with which release - suddenly subtitles can't be turned off as a standard for "all media" within KODI OSD. If I start the video without EMBY in KODI everything is fine. Doesn't work better with 3.1.35b. Thought you should know and you might be able to fix that?

THX

Provide your kodi log, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...