[iOS]Chromecast - Disconnected when switching to other application

Thuzad

Hello,

Before when we opened the application we launched a movie casting on a chromecast, we were permanently connected to it.

Now when we close the application, or we change application, then we come back we are no longer connected to the chromecast.

We have to log in again each time we open the application.

Would it be possible to come back as before and stay connected to our chromecast?

I send you a demonstration video by PM.

Best regards, 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ingenieurmt

This has been going on for a while now. Why is it not being fixed? It’s a really annoying issue and not something I expect from an application that I pay for.

also the progress bar of the currently playing movie shows after 30 seconds.

3.5.3 Stable: movie starts playing - iOS app shows progress bar correctly. 1 hour later: open iOS app, connect to Chromecast - progress bar shows in 15 seconds. After 2 hours you'll have to wait 30 seconds.

Same with 3.6 beta

4.0 beta: movie starts playing - iOS app shows progress bar 30 seconds later.

iOS+Chromecast integration is unbelievably bad in Emby at the moment.

Edited by Tpyn

I see updates of the application but the bug remained in the same place ... Can you please accelerate the resolution of this bug :(

I bought several chromecast from your recommendation but integration with mobile does not work well ...

Edited by Floflobel

• 1 month later...
Still no news of this problem?

I sometimes have trouble connecting, I have to try several times before the connection succeeds.

I tried with other apps like youtube and I have no problem. It's even possible to change the sounds of the chromecast when my phone is locked.

I understand that the problem must be complicated but it lasts for several months :(

• Like 1

ingenieurmt

We are looking into improving this, thanks.

You've been "looking into improving this" for several months now. When will it be fixed? It's not a feature request that we're talking about here, it's a bug that was introduced last year and needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Catchwa

I’m glad it’s not just me with this issue. It’s super annoying to have to kill chrome cast via the Google home app if you want to stop playing or just pause.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Thuzad

I saw you have solve another issue with the Chromecast for Android... where is the news version for iOS ?

Chromecast doesn't appear anymore

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=77624&share_tid=71581&url=https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71581-Chromecast-doesn%27t-appear-anymore&share_type=t

Edited by Floflobel

aeroknotz

I have the same issue. I can connect to chromecast and cast movies. However, if I close the app and reopen again, the app isn’t connected to chromecast, and the seekbar disappears. I can then no longer seek the video or stop the video.

• 2 weeks later...
aeroknotz

It’s back again Luke. I can no longer access the remote control using my Emby. Connecting to chromecast always.

It’s back again Luke. I can no longer access the remote control using my Emby. Connecting to chromecast always.

Hi there, can you please describe the issue that you're having? Thanks.