Issue: When I stop playing a 4K movie, server starts to transcode de movie instead of stopping the movie

vdatanet
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

vdatanet

Hi,

I'm running Emby Server on a WD PR2100 NAS and using Android TV Client on Xiaomi Mi Box (last beta version, in final version I have the same issue)

When I start playing a 4K movie, movie starts fine using direct play, but when I stop the movie, the server, instead of stopping the movie, starts to transcode the movie and streams the audio to the Android TV client. At this point, I have to reboot both client and server.

I don't know if this is a server problem or a client problem.

Thanks

post-106812-0-90168000-1543905674_thumb.png

post-106812-0-61588600-1543905683_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg.txt

vdatanet

Hi, To start the movie I press the center key on the remote on the play button of the screen. To stop the movie, I press back button. This work always in movies 1080p, but stop action fails in every 4k movie. It I press the home button to return to desktop, stop action works always.

If I hit Stop button in Emby’s control panel, stop movie also fails.

Edited by vdatanet

Well, this is a new one.  From looking at the server log, it looks like the player is generating an error when you stop the movie which then causes us to re-try playing it.

Can you please reproduce the problem and send a log from the app?

vdatanet

I've sended the log just now:

Server Name= MyCloudPR2100

User Name = joan

Thanks!

Thanks for that.

The player is encountering an error I've never seen before as it is in the process of shutting down.  Our app is then interpreting that as a playback failure and re-trying.  I'll need to fix that part.

How is everything hooked together hardware wise?  I'm just curious how this error could be happening.  The system is complaining that a display device doesn't exist anymore.

vdatanet

Hi, the hardware is pretty simple: A Xiaomi Mi Box International Version hooked to a Hisense 4K TV by HDMI. No more hardware. When I use a external player like VCL, the file plays and stops fine. There may be something with the internal player. It's strange, this only happens with 4K movies.

• 2 weeks later...
vdatanet

Hi, It still happens in latest beta (both client and server). I'll try to get a Xiaomi Mi Box S (the newest one) to see what happens. Xiaomi Mi Box International version is full of bugs since last android update.

vdatanet

Hi, I've got the new Xiaomi Mi Box S (same hardware but with Android 8.1), problem is gone. Could the buggy Android 8.0 firmware of the old Xiaomi Mi Box be the cause?

vdatanet

I have tested more deeply the playback of 4K videos with the new Xiaomi Mi Box S and the same error occurs. I have ordered an Nvidia Shield to Santa and I will endorse the Xiaomi Mi Box to my children, that they do not reproduce 4K. I hope that with Nvidia Shield I do not have the error. Merry Christmas!

Okay, thanks.  I'll have to take another look.

Still strange that your setup is the only one causing this.  I'm really wondering exactly what it is... but just out of curiosity.  

vdatanet

Today the Nvidia Shield has arrived, before Christmas! The reproduction is perfect and there is no error in stopping the movie, so I conclude that the problem is in the Xiaomi Mi Box. It's a shame because the Mi Box is a very economical device that should work.

vdatanet

I have connected the Xiaomi Mi Box to an old AV receiver that does not support HDR passthrough, so HDR in the TV is not enabled. In this situation the error does not happen. Could this be the key to the problem?

I'm really not sure as I've never seen this particular thing happen before, I'm guessing it is related to the specific hardware that was involved.

I should be able to make the app ignore the situation and behave properly though.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
vdatanet
The problem no longer happens with the latest beta version. Has anything changed?

Thank you