BACKUP PLUGIN CONNECT USRS

KOBEY

Happy2Play

@@ebr your backup plugin only saves local usr data? it doesnt save connect usrs?...or am i missing something?

It saves Connect/Guests/Invited users/userdata, it just does not restore reconnect/relink invited users.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

thats what i thought. but when i look in the usr folder of the bu. it only has local

Something must of changed in the plug, I know this has been brought up in other topics.

Edited by Happy2Play

@@ebr i hope u can take a look or confirm or deny. would love to have a fresh complete backup for when 3.6 releases as i need to redue my server 
ty @@Happy2Play

Edited by KOBEY

It saves Connect/Guests/Invited users/userdata, it just does not restore reconnect/relink invited users.

This is correct.

so if im reading correctly. even though my connect usrs r not in the usr folder of the backup. when they get re invited back to the server , all there acct settings, favs and watch history will resync?

No, you would probably have to manually restore their user data but you can restore any user's data into any other user.

• 1 month later...

I think the issue being described is that there's no backed up data for the connect users.

At least for me, when looking in the backup folder directly and in the restore settings, I only see my local users.

So, the connect user's data are not being backed up and therefore there's nothing to restore once they've been reconnected.

@@beatter, in the backup plugin, click on one of your backups. Then click unselect all to de-select all restore options.

Then configure the user data restore process:

5c3ed07adf70f_Untitled.png

In this example, I'm restoring user data from a user called Luke on my old server, to a user called Luke on my new server.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
cuzz1369

@@beatter, in the backup plugin, click on one of your backups. Then click unselect all to de-select all restore options.

Then configure the user data restore process:

5c3ed07adf70f_Untitled.png

In this example, I'm restoring user data from a user called Luke on my old server, to a user called Luke on my new server.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

There is no option to restore a connect users settings and watched history because it is not backed up in the first place. I have 104 users, 103 through connect, one local account. The only account available for restore is the local account. I can restore the local account to connect users but...that's not helpful.

I apologize. We are working on improvements to Emby Connect that will make this easier in the future. Thanks.

cuzz1369

I apologize. We are working on improvements to Emby Connect that will make this easier in the future. Thanks.

That is great news, I just BEG you to let me make a "permission template" for any new users added, manually changing permissions for each user is tedious and leaves my whole server library at risk of deletion until I catch the person has accepted the invite and I can revoke their delete permissions. I am seriously begging you to look into this. PLEASE?!?!?!?!

DRAGUNSLAYER

There are requests for that as well. I would suggest lending your support to them.

Thought I just did.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

FrostByte

I think he means find the thread that's already been requested and lend your support there.  The more interest a request thread gets the more likely it is to be implemented

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
cybergrimes

What about creating a local user then adding the Emby Connect user name to that profile? As far as I can see they can then be included for mapping when restoring a backup

Edited by cybergrimes