Holiday Suggestions

tuvx

3 minutes ago, pir8radio said:

well, time to put up your Christmas decorations.......

Christmas officially starts September 21st.  I mean retailers start to churn for it. It is past that time fine sir. Get your tree up during summer. Set a new trend. Christmas starts in July and runs through the end of the year. Happy Holidays just got happier. :P

• Haha 1

T_Tronix
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Right now?  Is the date on your Shield correct?

Yeah the date and time are correct, I selected "holiday" for theme, don't see Christmas as an option anywhere...

On the PC running my Emby server it seems to work, I see a Christmas themed BG but on both my Nvidia Shields and my firestick 4k I keep getting that annoying Jingle bells popup :)

Edited by T_Tronix

pir8radio
2 hours ago, T_Tronix said:

Yeah the date and time are correct, I selected "holiday" for theme, don't see Christmas as an option anywhere...

On the PC running my Emby server it seems to work, I see a Christmas themed BG but on both my Nvidia Shields and my firestick 4k I keep getting that annoying Jingle bells popup :)

I think that is normal, guessing they chose "holiday theme" to keep from using "Christmas"....  As not to offend people that don't like Christmas or have other beliefs..   🙂    But ebr could probably speak to that better than I, just a guess on my part...  

Ah, okay, you've chosen the theme manually.  That is a part of that theme right now.  There may be options in the future.

• 2 years later...

In case anyone is still looking for a way to bulk edit NFO files to add a "Holiday" genre, I've accomplished this by using https://www.tinymediamanager.org/

1. give it your movie folder(s)

2. filter on "Santa" or "Christmas"

3. Bulk Edit and add the Genre

4. PROFIT!

(watch out though - "Life of Pi" shows up when filtering on "Santa" .. lol)

• Thanks 1