Feature Request: IPTV Channel Groups

alexpaton

alexpaton

Hi all

I'm a new emby user, and am thoroughly enjoying the ability to record IPTV (Premiere subscription).  One thing that frustrates quite a lot, is that many IPTV companies provide their m3u lists as m3u_plus, with channels grouped into groups (UK, USA, FRANCE etc.) , plus they often included heaps of other videos.  My supplier has an m3u with 32000+ items on it.  Luckily, the matching between their channels and the EPG works well.  Emby also seems to identify the other videos, as videos.  

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to sort the channels in any sensible way, at present.  I have gone through the list of channels and added all of the ones that are actual TV, as favourites, which at least gives me a way to usefully use the EPG.

It would be very nice if emby could categorise the channel groups in the way that Xtream-codes does.

alexpaton

Ahh. I didn't realise that xteve also worked with emby.  It only mentions plex on the website, as far as I can see.

Actually, I realised last night after finally getting a client working correctly, that the emby for kodi plugin DOES do channel groups; in this sense, it actually works as I would hope, apart from the PVR functionality.   What I am seeing on the web interface, is that it tries to load all of the channel groups together, ordered by channel number, I think.  There does not seem to be any way to filter that, at present.  I am not even sure that it is displaying as it should.  

I've had problems setting up my client on my FireTV, but seem to be progressing, now that I have wiped out the local kodi database, and started from scratch.