25 replies to this topic

#21 FordGT90Concept OFFLINE  

FordGT90Concept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 629 posts
  • Local time: 07:35 AM

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

Perhaps but a year ago it worked fantastic but now it isn't. Also: HDHR app is apparently able to keep the stream going through whatever is happening too on the same hardware. There has to be some way to keep it going.

When it happens, there is no error. There just isn't any more data in the stream.

MPEG2 "none" Direct Stream: stream ends (rare?)
MPEG4 "heavy" to Server Remux: stream ends (often?)
MPEG4 "heavy" to 3 mbps Server Transcode: stream might not end; user turned off 3 mbps transcoding after 10-20 minutes because it looks nasty. When it was going with no one watching it for two hours, the stream was still there.

#22 FordGT90Concept OFFLINE  

FordGT90Concept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Ordered a Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD which will go first in the Emby Live TV list. Hopefully it will take care of it...

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121625 posts
  • Local time: 08:35 AM

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Let us know how you get on, although I would expect a better experience with HDHR.

#24 FordGT90Concept OFFLINE  

FordGT90Concept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

Problems.

QuadHD shows up in the tuner list twice and neither seem to work (try to tune to a channel and loading wheel never stops). I verified the card is working via WinTV 8.5 on the machine itself.

Log says "Hauppauge at null" twice in the detection list.

Hopefully this can get fixed within 30 days so I can actually test it before the refund window closes. @Luke

All I have is game-ready computers, an Xbox One S, and two Shield TVs. All should be able to handle MPEG2 easily. Recordings are on a 6 TB 7200 RPM drive so there isn't a bandwidth problem there either.

I've had nothing but problems with SilconDust hardware and even worse with their nonexistent support.

Attached Files

• Attached File  logs.zip   426.73KB   0 downloads

Edited by FordGT90Concept, 17 January 2019 - 08:13 PM.

#25 FordGT90Concept OFFLINE  

FordGT90Concept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

Solution to the above problem was the guide info needed to be mapped so Emby would show/use the channels on the tuners:
https://emby.media/c...al/#entry684927

So far, QuadHD looks like a good decision but I do see one problem in relation to it with Emby Server: I have three HDHomeRun EXTENDs and one QuadHD, yet, when the device can't handle QuadHD, the server is choosing to transcode in server instead of seeing the hardware transcode box checked on the EXTENDs and electing to that tuner instead for hardware transcoding goodness. Would it be possible to make that behavior default?

Something like:
1) direct play
2) external hardware transcode (e.g. HDHomeRun EXTEND)
3) internal hardware transcode (e.g. NVENC, QuickSync)
4) software transcode (e.g. FFMPEG transcode)

Most efficient to least efficient.

Another thing that would be nice is if you add a new tuner to the live TV list that has unmapped channels in the guide, there should be a notification/link to remind users to update it.

Edited by FordGT90Concept, 20 January 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121625 posts
  • Local time: 08:35 AM

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:12 AM

Potentially after we do channel management, yes.

• FordGT90Concept likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users