Not Recording right

paulsavo

paulsavo

Hi folks can someone please help, main reason i got premium emby was for live tv and recording facilities but having major issues

everytime i set something to record it only partly records

An example is last night, i recorded the big boxing fight Fury v Wilder, the programme lasted about 2 hours, but the recording says it is over 20 hours in length but actually only plays for about 45 mins

its becoming really frustrating that this constantly happens

paulsavo

Ok so same thing happened last night, i tried to record movie 'arachnophobia' just to see if it would work, movie lasts about 2 hours but my recording says it is 7 hours but only plays for about 30mins

Can someone please look and advise what to do as its becoming so frustrating and probably going have to cancel sub and look at alternatives if cant get resolved

Its the same iptv that i have used previously recording in plex, kodi and nextpvr with no issues

appreciate any help you can give me

thanks

Paul

Log (2).txt

Log (3).txt

Log (1).txt

maegibbons

Unfortunately this is common.

Better recovery from this type of situation has been asked for many times previously.

If the bitrate of the stram drops OR gets disconnected entirely BEFORE the expected expiry/end time THEN Emby should restart recording to a -1 -2 file etc etc until the length of the expected recording has expired.

Krs

Mark

paulsavo

so is the answer simply that thereis nothing anyone can do, if so then sorry but thats me going have to leave, i cant pay for a premium service that dosent work

• Like 1

maegibbons

Currently, from IPTV sources, it is hit and miss.

From HDHR it is 100% success.

Issues with IPTV streams can be many.  Its not usually embys fault that the streams fail BUT it is embys fault that it does not notice this and try again/restart stream recording.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

paulsavo

i understand that but im still paying for a premium service and its not working, if the android server is expected to have issues then why is it still the same price as other services?

its just frustrating that dosent work, again i set it to record the lomechenko boxing fight last night and also set nexpvr, kodi and plex, all 3 of them recorded with no issues yet emby cut off in the 2nd round so no use at all