Samsung Q8FN - 1.0.29

ticster

I've just moved to emby from plex and happy there is an app for my Samsung Q8FN, but note that for the newer tv's the version number seems totally out of whack at 1.0.29 and of course with the dropping of DTS support by Samsung in the newer 2018 models playback options are limited.

Any idea when the Samsung app for newer 2018 TVs is going to get an update, at the moment it feels like a debug version with all the buttons and such being 'funcitonal' but not exactly 'finished' eg: BUTTONSkip and BUTTONGenerateNewPIN etc etc.

I'm really after a version that handles the DTS issue which I've seen from other threads has been patched.

I'm in the UK, so a supported country.

• Like 1

Any idea when the Samsung app for newer 2018 TVs is going to get an update, at the moment it feels like a debug version with all the buttons and such being 'funcitonal' but not exactly 'finished' eg: BUTTONSkip and BUTTONGenerateNewPIN etc etc.

Hi, as soon as it gets through Samsung review.

• Like 1

maegibbons

Hi

I am in the same boat with UK UE75NU8000

WHO do we complain to as users about the speed in getting apps reviewed?  The app is currently a mess with button labels all over the place.

Krs

Mark

The issue is that for 2018 Samsung units we seem to have drawn the most difficult reviewer you can possibly imagine. Not only has the review process been taking a long time, but we have gotten multiple rejections based on really minor and often difficult to reproduce issues. Like for example, pulling the network cable out of the TV during playback, moving the app in and out of the background, trying to do certain things, then plugging the network cable back in and making sure the app responds a certain way. These are the kinds of things that are holding up our ability to push out new updates.

For different model years, we can tell the reviewer is a different individual and these are generally approved much more quickly.

We have another submission in review now so we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

maegibbons

@@Luke

Thank you for the comprehensive explanation.

Is there anywhere as Samsung users where we can help to apply pressure?

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

Yes, thanks for the explanation, does help me understand the challenge... I guess it's the tester doing their job even if they are being SUPER PICKY...

The issue is that for 2018 Samsung units we seem to have drawn the most difficult reviewer you can possibly imagine. Not only has the review process been taking a long time, but we have gotten multiple rejections based on really minor and often difficult to reproduce issues. Like for example, pulling the network cable out of the TV during playback, moving the app in and out of the background, trying to do certain things, then plugging the network cable back in and making sure the app responds a certain way. These are the kinds of things that are holding up our ability to push out new updates.

For different model years, we can tell the reviewer is a different individual and these are generally approved much more quickly.

We have another submission in review now so we'll see what happens.