New Statistics plugin

reggi

DarWun

@hackthis02FYI after updating to Beta 4.6.0.20 on both the Synology and Windows 10 platforms, the "Calculate statistics for all users" scheduled task fails to run. I've attached a log showing the error.

embyserver.txt

hackthis02
38 minutes ago, DarWun said:

@hackthis02FYI after updating to Beta 4.6.0.20 on both the Synology and Windows 10 platforms, the "Calculate statistics for all users" scheduled task fails to run. I've attached a log showing the error.

embyserver.txt 47.67 kB · 1 download

Thanks but I don't currently support the beta builds. Once it's officially release, if the issue persist I'll push a fix. 

DarWun

Completely understandable. I wasn't expecting a fix at this point. My post was more of a heads up to make you aware that there might be an issue when the next stable version goes live.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hackthis02 said:

Thanks but I don't currently support the beta builds. Once it's officially release, if the issue persist I'll push a fix. 

It was previously working with betas until 4.6.0.20. Database structure changes maybe?

Does this mean you won't be ready with a fix when the next stable version goes live?

1 minute ago, magelo said:

It was previously working with betas until 4.6.0.20. Database structure changes maybe?

Does this mean you won't be ready with a fix when the next stable version goes live?

It means the plugin requires a compatibility update for the newer server version and he'll do that once 4.6 goes stable.

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

It means the plugin requires a compatibility update for the newer server version and he'll do that once 4.6 goes stable.

Ok, it was not my understanding. I tought he wasn't looking into it because EmbyServer 4.6.0.20 is not a stable version. And waiting for the stable release to look in the issue made me think he woudn't be ready when 4.6 goes stable. My bad.

hackthis02
3 minutes ago, magelo said:

Ok, it was not my understanding. I tought he wasn't looking into it because EmbyServer 4.6.0.20 is not a stable version. And waiting for the stable release to look in the issue made me think he woudn't be ready when 4.6 goes stable. My bad.

That is correct. I'm not going to look into it til 4.6 goes live. Trying to fix issues with beta software is like trying to hit a moving target. If there is an issue with 4.6 after it goes live, I will have an update within a reasonable amount of time after (depending on the issue).

• Like 1

David Patt

Statistic Plugin dont seem to work on 4.6.0.22

Scheduled task always fail.

EDIT : Sorry dont see it was reported already.

Edited by David Patt

On 1/27/2021 at 7:09 PM, hackthis02 said:

That is correct. I'm not going to look into it til 4.6 goes live. Trying to fix issues with beta software is like trying to hit a moving target. If there is an issue with 4.6 after it goes live, I will have an update within a reasonable amount of time after (depending on the issue).

For what it's worth I can tell you from looking at the error in the log, this won't magically fix itself as collections have changed and will require a changes in this code to accommodate.

• 4 weeks later...

@Luke, this activity is still failing with beta .28

I though that you would have had it fixed by now it's been failing since beta .10 iirc...

@jordy

Happy2Play

What error, but Luke has nothing to do with this plugin.  But current dev has already stated it will not be updated in beta.

3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What error, but Luke has nothing to do with this plugin.  But current dev has already stated it will not be updated in beta.

My apologies to @Luke, I didn't realise that it was managed by another developer :)

image.png.18c670531e7e7923e4ba11e85f2eb118.png

hackthis02

I've just pushed an update that will add some video codec statistics. Since Emby supports such a large number of codecs, this list is dynamically created based on what is in your system. So some of you may get a number of 'unknown' entries. If you want a more detailed list, I've left debug logs in the code. Enable debug logging and run the task again and the log will give you and itemized list. 

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, hackthis02 said:

I've just pushed an update that will add some video codec statistics. Since Emby supports such a large number of codecs, this list is dynamically created based on what is in your system. So some of you may get a number of 'unknown' entries. If you want a more detailed list, I've left debug logs in the code. Enable debug logging and run the task again and the log will give you and itemized list. 

For everyone's knowledge, this update only applies to stable release correct? 4.5.x.x

hackthis02
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

For everyone's knowledge, this update only applies to stable release correct? 4.5.x.x

Correct. But I've added in some error handling enhancements. So if it also works for the beta now, bonus. 

magelo
On 3/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, hackthis02 said:

Correct. But I've added in some error handling enhancements. So if it also works for the beta now, bonus. 

No, no magical fixes. Still buggy, even with error handling enhancements. The new database structure is probably causing your plugin to cease functionning properly.

• 4 weeks later...
hackthis02
On 3/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, magelo said:

No, no magical fixes. Still buggy, even with error handling enhancements. The new database structure is probably causing your plugin to cease functioning properly.

I'm sorry to hear that. Then I would suggest reverting back to 4.5.4.0 until the next stable version is released.

magelo
On 4/1/2021 at 1:45 AM, hackthis02 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Then I would suggest reverting back to 4.5.4.0 until the next stable version is released.

Not really an option reverting back to 4.5.4.0. Not sure, but I think there is too many changes to the database. For now, I have once a day a failed plugin execution in my logs, hoping one day 4.6 stable release will be available.

• 1 month later...
SMTV91

Hi new to this plugin and happy to find it. Just trying to get the most updated info. Does the latest release 4.6.qualify as stable and if so is there an upcoming update? Thanks in advance 

hackthis02
7 minutes ago, SMTV91 said:

Hi new to this plugin and happy to find it. Just trying to get the most updated info. Does the latest release 4.6.qualify as stable and if so is there an upcoming update? Thanks in advance 

No. 4.6 is still in beta.

Happy2Play
27 minutes ago, hackthis02 said:

No. 4.6 is still in beta.

Sorry no, 4.6.0.50 is Stable Release, but yes there may be a maintenance release or two.

GitHub list it as Latest Release not Pre-Release.

hackthis02
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry no, 4.6.0.50 is Stable Release, but yes there may be a maintenance release or two.

GitHub list it as Latest Release not Pre-Release.

oh I see that. I'll start working on and update. Thanks.

jordy
3 hours ago, hackthis02 said:

Alright, I just pushed an update for 4.6.0.50. You can grab it in the catalog or just wait for it to get pushed to your sever.
@magelo @jordy @David Patt @DarWun

still on beta .48 - not working yet :(

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, jordy said:

still on beta .48 - not working yet :(

Think this was mentioned in the Discord plugin also.  I am guessing it was built/updated against 4.6.0.50 versioning so you will have to wait for a new beta or migrate to that version.

But I rebuilt it against beta and isn't throwing any errors. If you really want it now.  Maintained the same version number as used in .50.

statistics.zip