New Statistics plugin

reggi

@@MSattler

Strange indeed, normally I only count the IsPLayed items. Is it possible that you have 5 or less users? Then that user will be last in the list. If not, can you send me a screenshot of the stats?

@PenkethBoy 

All specials and Season 0 are indeed included in the stats.

@@Jdiesel

Thanks for pointing that out. I totally forgot about the version number :)

Diedrich

I may have come across an issue. For top users now, I have someone listed who has only downloaded not actually watched? How is that possible? Do syncs/downloads count? I have a family member who has crappy connectivity and cannot stream.

Thanks!

I am in the same situation. Tracking user download would be helpful for me too.

I'll see what I can do to get some download stats and I have to check what the behavior is on Emby when a user downloads something. It is possible that when he downloads something it will be marked as played as well. But I have to check this when I'm back home tonight.

• Like 1

MSattler

Reggi,

PM'd you back with the XML file.

Also.....

As I started looking at the numbers, which are great, duplicate movies watched by the same user are not counted.

Should we have a overall playtime for the server stat as well?   A combination of all playback for one total, including movies watched multiple times?

Thanks,

Marcus

@@MSattler

That is a great idea, but because of the current Emby limitations, I can't calculate an overall playtime. Emby is not saving any history in there db so I only know if a media is played en when the last played date was.

But not how many time it has watched the media

I' preparing a new update for the plugin and post it later today.

@@MSattler

That is a great idea, but because of the current Emby limitations, I can't calculate an overall playtime. Emby is not saving any history in there db so I only know if a media is played en when the last played date was.

But not how many time it has watched the media

I' preparing a new update for the plugin and post it later today.

History goes into the activity database. See the reports UI for an example.

Hey guys,

Got a new update ready, hope you all like it.

Changelog

- Add info button in the stats

- Added extra page for show progress (still work in progress)

- GUI update

- updated version number from 1.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.6

I changed the plugin configuration so please run the scheduled task before opening the plugin

I change the styling a bit so there should be no more gaps between rows. Also for the user based statisticsI added some subtitles to get a bit more structure in the statistics.

The new page is a small searchable table where you can view your show progress. At the moment it's just a very basic number, but I'm trying to get it a bit more visual.

I added the page already in this update because I want to know if someone would be interested in this page getting more developed.

Dark theme users: It will look a bit strange at the moment, I change the font color in the table but the headers are not readable anymore. I hope I can get the table working for dark themes as well!

I'm also looking into the problem that I don't know when a user has viewed a movie multiple times, looking at the activities db is not giving me much info at the moment because (I think) it logs every time a user stops and starts a movie. So I don't know when he watched the full movie.

But further investigation is needed to get this to work. If it works I can add a lot of new statistics as well

Btw, my native language is not English as you all may have noticed :)

So if you find some strange sentences in the plugin can you let me know? So I can correct them in proper English.

So as always, let me know what you think about it.

Statistics 0.0.0.6.zip

Edited by reggi
  • Like 6

CBers

@@reggi - getting error messages when opening the "User based show progress" page(s):

58abfc6aeaece_Capture43.jpg 58abfc74407fb_Capture44.jpg

This is after I ran the Scheduled Task after installing v0.0.0.6.

Also, you aren't ignoring the word "The" in the title of a movie/TV Show, so something like "The Big Bang Theory" is under "T" instead of "B".

• Like 1

@@CBers

You are correct, I will change the name so The Big Bang Theory will be under "B".

As for the alerts you are getting, I think I need a default value so datatables can handle it. I can't reproduce the error but i'll see what I can do

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

@@reggi

Just looking at the 0.6 plugin results and seeing some differnces in numbers to the previous plugin

According to emby i have 3074 episodes - plugin 3073 - think this was the same with last plugin

Movies in emby 228 plugin 265 - difference appears to be 37 DVD Movies which is the same as 480p movies - are they being counted twice? Previous plugin showed 228

Liking the new show based stats :) - could you add in the number of episodes and how many watched to the report and if possible split out the Specials as a separate group of watched and not :)

As you said the titles for the report are not visible with dark theme - not a problem

A final request :) - an export to csv and or xml would be good 

Thanks again

• Like 1

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks for the feedback. 

I checked the total count of movies, shows and episodes with my emby server at home and there are some small differences as well.

Why didn't I think of that before to check the stats :(:P

Anyway, I will try to get them correct in the next release.

As for the show progress page, I think I will try and change the layout more and remove the external plugin I'm using now.

I will include the requested stats in the table.

For your final request, you want a csv export for the show progress?

Thanks for the feeback!

PenkethBoy

Hi @@reggi

I double checked the stats - and counted the files on my server - they agree with Emby No :)

The export is of the data in the table so i can use the data for cough :) ...stats checks and to check on series data etc etc - nice useful summary

Looking forward to the next version

PenkethBoy

Another thing i wanted to ask

How are you deciding on what's DVD, 420P, 720P?

The reason i ask is if you look at the screen shot below all of the 37 Movies not 1080P are not 420P although they came from DVD's?

Are you just doing it from Emby data on the Frame Height??

58ac5d826857f_Capture.jpg

PenkethBoy

And Finally..... :) (for now)

The Movie Stats are not including the "Extras" just the main movie - is this by design? In the screen shot above you will see i excluded the extras folders (see top right) and the full list matches my 228 movies - its 1087 with the extras.

If they are excluded could we have them listed somewhere and like the Season 0/Specials split out in the "Detail" reports please?

Thanks agian

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks for giving feedback like that first of all!

I will try to upload an update this weekend again.

@@Luke

Could you help me out? 

PenkethBoy found some wrong stats and after some debugging, I found 3 movies in my collection that have no streams. In the screenshot is my debugging session (movies is an IEnumerable<Movie> with all my movies, 410 at the moment)

58adbd5ce3533_Untitled.png

As you can see the movie is know by Emby and the location is correct. But is has no streams, is this normal?

Also, when I try to play the movie in Chrome I get an endless loading circle.

Edited by reggi

Try refreshing them from the detail screen. It is too late to try and determine what might have happened at the time of the library scan to prevent them from getting metadata.

PenkethBoy

@@reggi

No problem happy to help (saving me a job as i was think of doing something similar :) )

Drums fingers on desk ..... impatient for the weekend update  :P  :D

• Like 1

haha, i'll do my best to get it ready ;)

Btw, to answer your question about the qualities. 

I'm indeed using the Frame Width to calculate the quality (I'm using the same range of qualities as the Emby GUI). So DVD is just everything below 480 pixels. 

I change the text from "DVD" to "< 480P" to clear the confusion. 

As for the wrong total counts, I think I fixed that issue now (but still have problems with movies without streams) and I don't have any extra's so I can't test that at the moment.

I'll see what I can do about that :)

• Like 1

Hey Guys

Got a new update ready for testing :)

Changelog

- 4 new extra stats

- Added new show progress table (removed external lib)

- bug fixing

58b1f67dc38e3_screen1.png

4 new stats, just one question. Is it "Largest show" or "Biggest show" when you talk about the size? Or something completely different?

Ow and the "Longest Movie" stat is correct, Emby really thinks Public Enemies takes 5:34 hours, don't know why.

58b1f710a46bf_screen2.png

I removed the external lib because styling would never work that way, now I just copied the styling from the report page, I hope that's okay @@Luke

You can sort on columns that are underlined and I added multiple columns as well. "In Collection" is 100% when you have all episodes without any Specials. This is the same for the Watched column. 

Ow and because of the very basic table implementation I don't have any paging yet and when you sort on a column that has multiple items with the same value the order can change when you sort again. This is because there is no fallback sort column. I will see what I can do about that.

One last thing, the ordered column is red at the moment but will change when you use a different dark theme. I will search some more in the css files so it will be green instead of red for the default theme :)

I do have been testing and checking the calculated numbers and on my server they are correct, but if you find some incorrect results please let me know!

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Forgot to update the version number :)

Regards,

Reggi

Statistics 0.0.0.7.zip

Edited by reggi
  • Like 4

Happy2Play

@@reggi

your ".btnUserDataOn {color: #c33 !important;}" overrides the accent color set in the Dark Theme.

58b1fc823713d_theme.jpg

vs the theme

58b1fd0d4360e_theme2.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

For some reason it takes the default value over the theme value indeed as you can see in your the screenshot.

I'll see what I can do about it, thanks for the feedback!

EDIT:

I just found a solution for it, you gave me an idea :)

58b2013945371_1.png

(No theme)

58b2014320d1e_2.png

(purple dark theme)

I'll add this fix in the new version (next weekend hopefully)

Edited by reggi

Happy2Play

For some reason it takes the default value over the theme value indeed as you can see in your the screenshot.

I'll see what I can do about it, thanks for the feedback!

Possible use the style used for those button from the Reports page.