New Statistics plugin

reggi

PenkethBoy

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks for the screenshot. Clearly, I have to fix the font colors :) Also the general stats are in my code but got lost somewhere, so I will add them in the next release.

But I'm still stuck with the GUI design as well, so if any good a good idea let me know.

I'm thinking about making the blocks bigger and put a lof of stats in 1 block and just divide them into groups (movie stats, show stats, overall stats, extra's, ...)

This will be after I finished implementing the scheduled task

Thanks - look forward to it :)

Another idea - make the stats clickable so it takes you to a details page for the item you are interested in instead of making one page too complex

@@Nickbert

I will indeed add statistics like that in the future (general stats), thanks for giving feedback

I will also look into that Materialize, maybe I can do some cool stuff with that

@@PenkethBoy

I'll try to make the GUI more readable before adding new pages. Splitting the stat's into different titles can help as well  ("Movies", "Shows", "Genres", ...)

@@Happy2Play

I don't know if that's a good idea to start adding custom css to the themes just yet for my plugin because I will need to still change a lot to the GUI. 

Thanks for all the feedback guys!!

I just finished coding for the scheduled task and it's running smooth :) So I hope by the end of the week I can upload a new version

Happy2Play

But the themes don't compensate for the plugins at all so this will be an issue for every plugin ever made.  So you as a developer can't cover all scenarios.

Hey guys, just wanted to have some opinion about the new Gui I'm working on. 

It will look something like this. Keep in mind it's still just a mockup, but I'm thinking about grouping all stats and give them one color

So Movie stats = green, Show stats = red, Genre stats = blue, ...

589cb8500cc89_Screenshot_1.png

Happy2Play

Hey guys, just wanted to have some opinion about the new Gui I'm working on. 

It will look something like this. Keep in mind it's still just a mockup, but I'm thinking about grouping all stats and give them one color

So Movie stats = green, Show stats = red, Genre stats = blue, ...

589cb8500cc89_Screenshot_1.png

@@reggi

Have you checked to see if the Theme overrides your options?

Edited by Happy2Play

The best way to work with themes is to use as plain markup as you possibly can. So make use of the following:

<p>
<div>
<h1>
<h2>
<h3>

Avoid setting custom font sizes, font families, font weights, etc, and just use the default elements and allow them to be styled from the outside in.

If you do that, then it will match the default server look and feel, and/or the user's custom theme look and feel.

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

dont mind the colours but might get a bit complicated with all the other categories 

oh and some of us are colourblind which give us a challenge being able to read some coloured text if you were to go that way

what colours are you going to use for music, other/home video, books, photos etc etc

I didn't check how other themes will override this. But I will start using plain html tags and just add styling for the tiles I think. 

For the colors they are indeed a bit flashy, at my pc at home I'm using f.lux so the colors where a bit softer for my eyes. 

Maybe I can use the styling from the Emby dashboard (see screenshot), so I know that the styling in different themes will be correct as well.

Just have to tweak some positionings but that shouldn't be that hard to do.

589d656a7a472_Screenshot_1.png

• Like 2

Jdiesel

I'm not a designer so I don't have much input but any design that ties in well with the existing Emby server interface and respects how themes work seems like the right way to go. Since the project is Open Source anyone is free to fork and modify if they want something drastically different.

Happy2Play

Your view of the Themes are backwards as they should be designed around everything and it currently is not that way.  Plugins were purposely lefts out of the theming.  So any issues with a plugin and theming should be brought up in the Theme topic.

Edited by Happy2Play

Your view of the Themes are backwards as they should be designed around everything and it currently is not that way.  Plugins were purposely lefts out of the theming.  So any issues with a plugin and theming should be brought up in the Theme topic.

It's mostly the other way around. You can't expect a theme developer to test with every plugin, because the number of plugins will always outweigh the number of themes. Instead the best approach is plugin development guidelines. It is up to the plugin developer to decide to design in a way that will work with the current theme. They may decide they would rather have their plugin UI be their own design and that is fine.

Hey guys, got a new update ready for testing

Changelog

- Moved calculations to a background task 

- GUI update

- Added some new stats (media quality, active users)

- Support for different themes

Future

- Add some more stats

- Tweaking GUI some more

- Enable graphs again

- Add a "show progress" page

- Export button (list of movies, series)

- Add a task that will email stats (don't know if this will be possible)

- Start developing stats for books, audio, ... as well

Don't forget to run the Task before opening the plugin. You will get a nice alert box if you don't.

And about the theme support, it's minimal. So it means that all text will change with the theme except for the green tiles, they will stay green forever and ever.

At the moment I can't find a class I can use so the tiles will change with the theme as well. But I will search some more.

589e47b31a1fe_general.png

589e47f3a3676_task.png

589e47fbf3b39_Theme.png

I hope you guys like the new update. Any thoughts, request are more always welcome :)

Statistics 0.0.5.zip

• Like 3

I assume in Media Qualities, Shows are actually episodes.

Yes indeed, I can maybe change it to Episodes in the next release

PenkethBoy

589f20f96c2ea_Capture3.jpg

Very readable for colourblind amongst us :)

Couple of things on the "User based stats" screen

1) Top Movie Years is blank - i do have years in my metadata - is it to use "Release Year"?

2) Third row is "Total Viewed Time" - what time period is this over? Month, year ?

Looking forward to some of the new features :)

@@PenkethBoy

To answer your question

1. Top Movie years is calculated from the movies you have watched, I'm thinking about adding some info hover box so people can have more info about the stat. Strange that you do have Top Movie Genres. So that would be a bug.

2. Total Viewed Time is the time viewed since the beginning of time (15 billion years ago). I do have to make a better separation between viewed and total time, it's not clear at the moment.

I see in your screenshot I made an error with the text in stats row 3 and 4, i'll fix that :)

@@PrincessClevage

I'll try to add this in the store asap but I do want to fix some more bugs first and add the show progress page. But you can always install the plugin already by downloading the dll.

if you have trouble getting it up and running send me a pm.

Edited by reggi
  • Like 1

Jdiesel

One suggestion for the next build would be to update the version number so it is easier for us users to keep track of what version we are running. Thanks for you work on this so far.

MSattler

@@PenkethBoy

To answer your question

1. Top Movie years is calculated from the movies you have watched, I'm thinking about adding some info hover box so people can have more info about the stat. Strange that you do have Top Movie Genres. So that would be a bug.

2. Total Viewed Time is the time viewed since the beginning of time (15 billion years ago). I do have to make a better separation between viewed and total time, it's not clear at the moment.

I see in your screenshot I made an error with the text in stats row 3 and 4, i'll fix that :)

@@PrincessClevage

I'll try to add this in the store asap but I do want to fix some more bugs first and add the show progress page. But you can always install the plugin already by downloading the dll.

if you have trouble getting it up and running send me a pm.

I may have come across an issue.  For top users now, I have someone listed who has only downloaded not actually watched?  How is that possible?  Do syncs/downloads count?  I have a family member who has crappy connectivity and cannot stream.

Thanks!