New Statistics plugin

reggi

Diedrich

Request: Monitor user downloads.

I have a user who does not use "sync", and instead, does "download". Consequently, I have no idea what he has downloaded so I can then delete the media from my HTPC. (I'm a purger, I watch a TV episode or a movie and I then delete it.)

Jdiesel

forgive me for being a noob but can someone point me to some documentation on manually installing plugins? 

You need to copy the statistics.dll into your plugin folder.

Edit: I see you figured it out.

Edited by Jdiesel

ucantcme69

You need to copy the statistics.dll into your plugin folder.

Edit: I see you figured it out.

Maybe I did. I dont actually see the dll. I have the full folder unzipped and looked through it and I dont see the dll. I think I missed something here. I apologize im coming over from plex where everything was handed to you so im just trying to get the things I see missing out of the box reset back up and having a few minor difficulties.

Hey guys, 

Sorry the development is taking a bit longer then expected. But got some private stuff that need some attention as well.

At the moment I'm working on an extra screen for some more detailed information about the TV Shows, some bug fixes and I'm recreating the graphs at the bottom of the page. They are a bit buggy.

@

Thanks for the change request. Nice to see that people use the plugin and want some more features. But correct me if I'm wrong, but you want to have statistics of everything even when you have deleted the media? Because if so, I can't do that because of the way Emby is build. From the moment the media is deleted I can't get the lastPlayedDate or the IsPlayed state so I can't figure out the statistics. From the moment Emby includes some kind of history your feature can be implemented. I can fix this by creating my own SQLite DB to keep track of played states but that's not a good idea.

@@Jdiesel

Nice to hear you enjoy the plugin. At the moment I do not have a way of collecting donations for the project.

When it goes live I maybe will at a link to my paypal account. But this will only be when I have a stable version running with some addition features.

@@ucantcme69

Well, you are finding some difficulties because this plugin is still in development and not yet released in the Emby Plugin lib. So that's why you have to copy the dll manually into the plugin folder. If you do want to get this plugin running you have to download the zip file. Open it (with WinRAR, 7zip, windows explorer, ...), extract the dll file to %appdata%/Emby-Server/Plugins (windows) and restart your Emby server. Don't forget the last step or the plugin will net be visible in Emby.

MSattler

@@reggi,

As before, awesome plugin, it works really well, although I swear it is running a little slower than it used to?  But that could just be me as it has been a while since I used it.

The only thing I could still use is perhaps a listing of the users in order of how much they have viewed.   

Users in order of TV Viewing Time

Users in order of Movie Viewing Time

Users in order of Total Viewing Time

What do you think?

Thanks,

Marcus

• Like 1

Hey MSattler

Thanks for the input. It does look like a useful statistic indeed. 

I'll try to at them on the next release.

About the performance, you said it is a bit slower now. This could be because of my refactoring. I will need to cache some results so performance may go up again.

Thanks for the feedback!!

• Like 1

@@reggi again here to thank you for keeping this alive!

While you are taking suggestions, at some point I want to send a screenshot of every person's stats by email at the end of every month.

If you happen to find a way to batch export those at some point (not a priority as some suggestions above are more interesting) that would be most awesome!

PV

• Like 1

At the moment I'm making some extra pages. I will split the "All users" en user based statistics in two. This because the "All users" (General stats) can include more than user based stats (see @MSattler feature idea).

I also fixed a bit of the performance by removing the fanart backgrounds. For some reason, it took a long time to load them.  So at the moment, they are just gray. But if someone has a better idea for the GUI let me know. There is a reason why I'm not allowed to design GUI's at my work ;)

I'll upload a new version when it's stable again.

@@PVTD

Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely look into some kind of export feature in the future.

I don't really can add a screenshot into the email but just a custom email text is possible if that's what you would like.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

• Like 1

MSattler

At the moment I'm making some extra pages. I will split the "All users" en user based statistics in two. This because the "All users" (General stats) can include more than user based stats (see @MSattler feature idea).

I also fixed a bit of the performance by removing the fanart backgrounds. For some reason, it took a long time to load them.  So at the moment, they are just gray. But if someone has a better idea for the GUI let me know. There is a reason why I'm not allowed to design GUI's at my work ;)

I'll upload a new version when it's stable again.

@@PVTD

Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely look into some kind of export feature in the future.

I don't really can add a screenshot into the email but just a custom email text is possible if that's what you would like.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

Thanks man!  Let me know if you need me to test anything.

-Marcus

Hey everyone, 

Got a new version stable for you all to test. Hope you like it.

Changelog

- Split General and user based statistics into 2 pages

- Removed graphs for now (too buggy!)

- Added 3 new stats (thanks @MSattler)

- Refactoring

I know this version looks a bit a step back, but I needed to clean up the code before moving forward again.

I also had to remove the fanart backgrounds. Can you let me know what effect that has on the performance? (see version 0.0.4.1 for background support)

Future

- Introduce a new page where you can see every show progress (user based as well)

- Graphs back working

- Beter GUI, if someone has an idea let me know!

EDIT

I made a new version with fanart background, if you try both let me know how the performance feels.

I'll try to get the development speed up again.

And as always iIssues/thoughts are always welcome  :) 

Statistics 0.0.4.zip

Statistics 0.0.4.1.zip

Edited by reggi
  • Like 2

Jdiesel

Background support in 0.0.4.1 seems snappy enough for me and I have a fairly large library. If you ever get to the point where the plugin runs as a scheduled task and caches the results performance will be a non-issue.

• Like 1

Now that is one hell of a good idea :D

Why didn't I think of that before? I'll get to it in the next version.

MSattler

Now that is one hell of a good idea :D

Why didn't I think of that before? I'll get to it in the next version.

Totally agree with both of his assesments.

So it seems I can see the overall statistics everytime I load the plugin.

Then after it displays I can go to specific user stats.

Is that the way it should work?

And I totally agree with the caching.  Although..... do you then just go through every morning, run through the db and see what has been added since the last run?

Thanks!

@@MSattler

That is indeed correct. Every time you open the plugin you can view the general stats

At this moment they will be calculated every time you open the plugin. But I'm working on a scheduled task so it can run every night.

So when you open the plugin the stats will be visible instantly.

The way it will work is that it will run over the full db every night, later I can try to find a more incremental way of calculating the stats.

I hope to upload the update at the end of the week!

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

Thanks for this @@reggi :)

Just trying out 4.1 and have a couple of questions

I cant find the graph option in either general stats  or user stats? - just missing the obvious i guess

Is there somewhere where the basic info on files etc is shown - i.e. not total hours but say total films, total extras, number of tv series, number of episodes, number of specials etc which could be filtered by year, genre, actor etc etc?

Also if you have a dark theme the text is mostly black - an option to change the text colour/font would be good see below

5899e68a282a4_Capture3.jpg

White text obviously fine :)

Happy2Play

I cant find the graph option in either general stats  or user stats? - just missing the obvious i guess

Post #64

Changelog

- Split General and user based statistics into 2 pages

- Removed graphs for now (too buggy!)

- Added 3 new stats (thanks @MSattler)

- Refactoring

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks for the screenshot. Clearly, I have to fix the font colors :) Also the general stats are in my code but got lost somewhere, so I will add them in the next release.

But I'm still stuck with the GUI design as well, so if any good a good idea let me know.

I'm thinking about making the blocks bigger and put a lof of stats in 1 block and just divide them into groups (movie stats, show stats, overall stats, extra's, ...)

This will be after I finished implementing the scheduled task

Happy2Play

This technically is not a plugin issue, but a theme issue and should be modified in the theme as all plugs are build off default themeing.

This text colour/font could always be and issues since we didn't theme the plugins as every developer does there own thing and there are so many it is hard to cover them all unless you install every plugin made.

Where this looks good on a default system (no css). vs themed image above.

589a5e3063de6_default.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@PenkethBoy 

How is this?

589a63fa41acd_theme.jpg

I guess we could ask @@Ben Z to add this to the theme (a Plugin section) and @@reggi wouldn't have to do anything.

#stats div.layer, #UserBasedStats div.layer {color: white !important; }
Edited by Happy2Play
added userbased