Recurring Installation Error Message

schogobong
Go to solution Solved by schogobong,

schogobong

Hi everybody,

I recently experienced some issues with Emby and therefore had to re-install it on my QNAP. At first (and at second) I chose the wrong installation package, one that was incompatible with my QNAP -> this resulted in an error message that the package was not compatible. So I chose a different package. The third one was the correct one. So no issues there.

However, everytime after my QNAP shuts down and boots back up I get the following error messages again:

- Failed to install Emby Server 3.6.0.46. Installation package is incompatible. Use the correct package.

- Failed to install Emby Server 3.6.0.57. Installation package is incompatible. Use the correct package.

I only tried to install these packages once, but I keep getting the error messages after every restart. Any idea how I could get rid of them?

I have contacted QNAP directly, but they could only refer me to this forum.

Looking forward to any ideas :)

schogobong

schogobong

I have a QNAP NAS TS-431P (Annapurna Labs Alpine Dual-core ARM CPU)

I don't know which packages I tried to install (it was a while back), but apparently they were incompatible ;)

I ended up installing version 3.5.2.0, which worked. But I keep getting the error messages I mentioned after every NAS-restart, as if my NAS tried to re-install the packages with every restart.

schogobong

Isn't one of those the one on your website? Because that's where I initially got it from.

Edited by schogobong

Right but we have made some recent breakthroughs regarding older qnap models, so IF we have a package on our website for your model, then you should switch to that instead of using the Qnap community package.

schogobong

Great to know - thanks Luke!

So I'm assuming I should download "QNAP ARM X41, X31+, X31P, X28, X35 - BETA", or is there anything else to verify other than the NAS model?

Is there any way to install the package without having to set-up the emby server again? Whenever I updated Emby through the App Center, all my settings and media were retained.

Best, schogobong

• 2 weeks later...
schogobong

Hi Luke,

I found it to be a bit quicker just to set it up again...

The new package is great and resolved some of the minor issues I was having! thank you for the info :)

After switching to the new package I am having some with playback and with subtitles - I will make a seperate post in the thread for the new package. Or should I post the issue here?

• 4 months later...
KriLoK

Any way to permanently delete this notification? I've got Emby running with no issues, but when I initially tried to install it I had downloaded the wrong package. Ever since then, every time the NAS reboots, I get the mismatch warning (''Installation package is incompatible. Use the correct package.''). I tried clearing notifications and logs, but this still shows up on reboot, and even though it doesn't affect anything, it's just a bit of a nuisance to have to dismiss it every time...

Hi everybody,

I recently experienced some issues with Emby and therefore had to re-install it on my QNAP. At first (and at second) I chose the wrong installation package, one that was incompatible with my QNAP -> this resulted in an error message that the package was not compatible. So I chose a different package. The third one was the correct one. So no issues there.

However, everytime after my QNAP shuts down and boots back up I get the following error messages again:

- Failed to install Emby Server 3.6.0.46. Installation package is incompatible. Use the correct package.

- Failed to install Emby Server 3.6.0.57. Installation package is incompatible. Use the correct package.

I only tried to install these packages once, but I keep getting the error messages after every restart. Any idea how I could get rid of them?

I have contacted QNAP directly, but they could only refer me to this forum.

Looking forward to any ideas :)

schogobong

--------------------------

• Solution
schogobong

I had to get in touch with QNAP support to get rid of this issue. After 1.5 months of back and forth (not kidding), they were finally able to resolve the issue, which (I believe) was due to the fact, that the NAS kept trying to install the "faulty" packages with each restart. This was the final message that resolved my issues:

I have found the location of the qpkg's of the emby server 

they were stored in the folder /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update_pkg/

i removed the qpkg and rebooted the NAS , please check if the error returns in the system logs after the reboot and let me know  

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

KriLoK

Will give it a shot and report back... Thanks!

Edit: Yup, removed the qpkg from that directory, rebooted and voila, problem solved.

Thank you both!  ;)

I had to get in touch with QNAP support to get rid of this issue. After 1.5 months of back and forth (not kidding), they were finally able to resolve the issue, which (I believe) was due to the fact, that the NAS kept trying to install the "faulty" packages with each restart. This was the final message that resolved my issues:

Hope this helps!

Edited by KriLoK

• 2 weeks later...
kenno

Thanks all, I had the same problem on my Qnap 251, I removed the  emby file from the update_pkg.. works great