Error loading content on Apple TV

FoolishMortals

FoolishMortals

When I log into the app on my Apple TV everything looks good and connects, but when I go to play any file I get the error "An error occurred loading this content". This is for any TV show or movie I try to play, of any file type. 

I was able to play everything on my Kindle just fine, but I am getting a lag (loading circle) when trying to watch through chrome now as well.  Logs attached for Apple TV and Chrome. Just downloaded everything yesterday so it's up to date versions of the apps. I must be missing something really simple but I can't find any threads that have the exact issue as mine.

tvOS 1.2.14

Thanks!

embyserverchrome.txt

embyserver1130.txt

The answer is that somehow you ended up with two simultaneous instances of the server running. The first one locks the database for exclusive use, and that causes the second one to fail. Rebooting usually clears it up. 

We do have a lock in place to prevent simultaneous instances but it looks like we'll need to retest that on MacOS. Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...

when I try to play 4K mkv files on my Apple TV 4K it gets stuck on a black screen. It stays loading and it does not start playing the 4K mkv file. I deleted the Emby app and I restarted my Apple TV 4K. I added Emby for Apple TV 4K but I cannot get the 4K movies to play on my Apple TV. I am using a Synology NAS DS918+ that has 4K transcoding capabilities for 4K. 

I was able to play the same 4K mkv file on Emby in my iPhone app but I want to run Emby on my Apple TV 4K. I was not able to play the same 4K mkv file in my Mac OS Mojave. Can you help me please?

My tvOS is 12.1.1 (16K45)

Log-2.txt

Log.txt