Real time monitoring & NFS or CIFS

andrew0404

harrv

They should still merge it because even without that last step, it's still in a better place than the previous method.

I agree, but I'm not involved with the Sonarr project.

• 5 months later...
fizzyade

That must be it.  I have seen your posts in other threads about NFS.  From what I can tell INotify will not work with NFS or CIFS.  Must be something with ZFS that makes it work.  I am not familiar with ZFS and I have a huge library that I would have to convert to it in place, so that is a problem.  But I might test it with my vagrant setup if I get a chance.

I did find a workaround until Sonarr updates to the new API.  You can create custom scripts for sonarr/radarr.  I created this one and you just put your host url/port and API key in the arguments.  Its working beautifully!  Both Sonarr/Radarr docker containers have Curl in them, so dropping the script into a location that each container can access and pointing the custom script to it is all you need to do.

#!/bin/bash
while [ $# -gt 0 ]; do
  case "$1" in
  --api=*)
    apiKey="${1#*=}"
    ;;
  --url=*)
    url="${1#*=}"
    ;;
  *)
      printf "***************************\n"
      printf "* Error: Invalid argument.*\n"
      printf "***************************\n"
      exit 1
  esac
  shift
done

if [ -z "$apiKey" ]
then
      printf "*******************************\n"
      printf "* Error: No API Key specified.*\n"
      printf "*******************************\n"
      exit 1
fi

if [ -z "$url" ]
then
      printf "********************************\n"
      printf "* Error: No Emby URL specified.*\n"
      printf "********************************\n"
      exit 1
fi

if [ -z "$sonarr_eventtype" ] && [ -z "$radarr_eventtype" ]
then
      printf "******************************************************************\n"
      printf "* Error: Must be called as a custom script from Sonarr or Radarr.*\n"
      printf "******************************************************************\n"
      exit 1
fi

#SONARR
if [ "$sonarr_eventtype" == "Download" ];  then
  UpdateType="Series"
  Path="$sonarr_episodefile_path"
fi

if [ "$sonarr_eventtype" == "Rename" ]; then
  UpdateType="Series"
  Path="$sonarr_series_path"
fi

# RADARR
if [ "$radarr_eventtype" == "Download" ]; then
  UpdateType="Movie"
  Path="$radarr_movie_path"
fi

if [ "$radarr_eventtype" == "Rename" ]; then
  UpdateType="Movie"
  Path="$radarr_movie_path"
fi

if [ -z "$UpdateType" ] || [ -z "$Path" ]
then
      printf "*************************************************\n"
      printf "* Error: Script unsupported for this event type.*\n"
      printf "*************************************************\n"
      exit 1
fi

curl -s -X POST "$url/emby/Library/Media/Updated?api_key=$apiKey" -H "accept: */*" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{ \"Updates\": [ { \"Path\": \"$Path\", \"UpdateType\" \"$UpdateType\" } ]}"

Hi, I’ve been having trouble with Radarr and Emby, it turns out that its a path mapping issue between radarr and emby that is the cause of the issue. I created a issue on git hub https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/issues/3686

I had started implementing my own fix via a script, but when i went to upload it I found an existing script there that I must have added, so I just modified that to allow path substitution so that local/remote mapping would work.

Turns out that it was your script I modified, so thanks for the original script, my slightly modified version is in the github issue but it solves emby not being updated when you have media file mappings that are different between radarr and emby.

• 4 years later...
bsapi

Hello, my problem is the Real Time Monitoring does not work over NFS.

I saw a comment in this thread it should work. May I ask about the proper nfs export and/or fstab mount config ?

I share mine here:

/etc/fstab

server.domain.tlr:/mnt/MEDIAX /mnt/MEDIAX     nfs     rw,async,bg,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14    0 0

/etc/exports

/mnt/MEDIAX     *(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=10)

Thank you.

Just a heads up that the realtime monitor can only be used on directories that work with INotify.

bsapi
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Just a heads up that the realtime monitor can only be used on directories that work with INotify.

Thank you for the clarification. Now it is crystal clear.

The question would be how to solve the main problem. Media files and emby server are separated.

Is it possible to trigger folder scan if the remote media share is changing ?

Thank you.

Is it possible to trigger folder scan if the remote media share is changing ?

@bsapithis is exactly what the realtime monitor does, (on supported file systems).

If it's not supported for your setup then you may need to have something notify Emby Server when files change, or just wait until the next library scan.

How are new files coming in, are you manually adding them?

bsapi
On 2/7/2024 at 7:08 AM, Luke said:

@bsapithis is exactly what the realtime monitor does, (on supported file systems).

If it's not supported for your setup then you may need to have something notify Emby Server when files change, or just wait until the next library scan.

How are new files coming in, are you manually adding them?

@LukeI add them manually. I have understood there are (at least) two options: 1.) Triggering manual scan on folders or 2.) Set up automatic scan on the folder.

Got informed about an alternative option that is called radarr, sonarr, prowlarr that can inform emby about changes on remote shares just in time (as a 3rd party).

I guess I don't choose the alternative. Adding few files manually and pressing the rescan button is something I can deal with.

Thank you for your kind help.

• Thanks 1