68 replies to this topic

#61 cayars ONLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2449 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 AM

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:13 AM

Both of the items you just mentioned in the previous posts are known outstanding issues being looked into.

#62 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 42835 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Watching a in-process recording tonight, as I approached current time, I was able skip past current time.  Then it would hang there until it caught up.  This is on server 4.0.1.0, and watching with the latest Emby Theater for Windows.

5c47efb044ecd_Capture1.jpg

I was talking about the Android TV app.  It is not possible to FF past real time in that app.

#63 cayars ONLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2449 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

I was talking about the Android TV app.  It is not possible to FF past real time in that app.

It is possible to FF past the current time in Android TV and we've talked about it in a few different threads including this one.

Apologies if that wasn't what you meant.

On Android TV when you FF past the current time mark you have to sit and wait for the current time to catch up to where you were, then it starts playing again. The timeline doesn't advance past current time but you have to wait until it catches up to where you FFed to.

Edited by cayars, 23 January 2019 - 07:04 PM.

#64 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2088 posts
  • Local time: 11:32 AM
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

After this stable release of .79 @ebr can you PLEASE spend some time fixing "resuming" an in progress recording.

Many thanks

Krs

Mark

#65 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 42835 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

It is possible to FF past the current time in Android TV and we've talked about it in a few different threads including this one.

Apologies if that wasn't what you meant.

On Android TV when you FF past the current time mark you have to sit and wait for the current time to catch up to where you were, then it starts playing again. The timeline doesn't advance past current time but you have to wait until it catches up to where you FFed to.

That display is showing you exactly where the app is seeking to.  As you can see, it is not going past real time.  In fact it is stopping almost a minute before real time.

Regardless of the behavior you are seeing, the app is NOT fast forwarding the stream past real time :).

#66 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 42835 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:52 PM

After this stable release of .79 @ebr can you PLEASE spend some time fixing "resuming" an in progress recording.

Many thanks

Krs

Mark

I believe these issues are not app-dependent (as you've seen reported here and elsewhere) so it is a lot tougher to figure out.

#67 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2249 posts
  • Local time: 04:32 AM

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

My initial post in this thread states:

Not sure whether to post in the Server or AndroidTV section so here it is.

Maybe this should be in the Server / LiveTV section?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

#68 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2088 posts
  • Local time: 11:32 AM
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:25 AM

I believe these issues are not app-dependent (as you've seen reported here and elsewhere) so it is a lot tougher to figure out.

There are not that many devs. May be a conf call is in order?

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  • CBers, Spaceboy and cayars like this

#69 cayars ONLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2449 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

Not sure if it's helpful, but I made a quick video of how resuming this same in-process recording would go.  Seems like it need to "fast forward" thru the whole file to get to the resume point.

https://www.dropbox.....0.1.0.mp4?dl=0

That video shows what many of us have said previously that it seems like the transcoding takes place from the start of the media file vs starting to transcode at the resume point. Your previous post:

5c47efb044ecd_Capture1.jpg

Shows the media being FFed past the current timeline as well which is the other issue we've been talking about.

Granted neither of these are Android Issues but if this info is being returned from  the Transcoder/Server then all clients not direct playing could exhibit this issue.

You covered both issues very clearly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users