Question about channel mapping

paul1965

paul1965

I run Emby on my HTPC and have no issues with it. However now that I use it for Live TV from my Roku, the HTPC couldn't always keep up and would cause buffering issues during playback. So I decided to move Emby to a better PC (Master). I tried to cheat by making a backup of the HTPC and restoring it on Master. After tweaking a few things, it worked and my library was there along with watched status. However when I tried setting up live TV, I ran into some issues. I couldn't get Emby to see my Hauppauge tuner, so I set up ServerWMC. That all worked, so I then entered my SD info and was able to download the channel lineup for my area but the the guide was blank. Then I decided I'd skip a 3rd party plugin and bought an install key from Hauppauge. Emby now sees the tuner directly, but still no guide.

I've now uninstalled Emby on Master several times using Revo Uninstaller (it launches the built in uninstaller), deletes any leftover files and folders, and I've used CCleaner to clean the registry. I've reinstalled Emby a few more times, but I still can't get the guide data to populate. I have a feeling Emby isn't fully uninstalling and that might be the cause of the guide issue. The reason I think it's not fully uninstalled is one: the home page is already set to a dark theme, two: when I go to add a custom image for Live TV, it's already set to look in the exact same folder I pointed it to on the last install, and three: I see four digit channel numbers in the guide that was from an imported xml file (epg123). SD guide channels are the correct OTA 2 or 3 digits. 

I did check the logs and it shows EPG data for each channel. Any thoughts on how to either fix the guide data or make sure Emby is fully uninstalled so I can start over?

Of course I always forget this: Installed on a Win 8.1 machine using FF (and I tried Chrome too).

Uh, never mind, I think I found the issue. I didn't realize that I had to manually map each and every channel, something I did not have to do on HTPC. But I just did a few on Master and it seems to have fixed my issue. But, I'm still seeing the four digit channel numbers in the guide and would prefer to see the correct OTA numbers instead. Editing metadata shows the correct channel numbers, so not sure where those other ones are coming from.

Edited by paul1965

paul1965

Glad you figured it out, thanks !

Well I kind of figured it out. Not sure why I have to map the channels as I didn't have to do that with the install on the HTPC. Be that as it may, I don't mind doing 65 OTA channels, but I still need to figure out why the incorrect four digit channel numbers are listed on the guide, even after deleting the SD line up, restarting the server, and adding the SD line up again. Any suggestions?

paul1965

So you're saying it's showing your tuner channel numbers?

If you look at the screenshot in my other post about a better channel mapping GUI, you can see that there are four digit channel numbers listed. I'm certain those are leftovers from an epg123 import I did several installs back trying to get the EPG to display. Even though I've done a complete uninstall, registry clean and leftover file delete, they still remain. On my HTPC, which was a clean install, I see just the expected OTA channel numbers like 2.1, 5.1, etc. Tonight on Master I removed the SD guide and restarted Emby, then removed the tuner and restarted Emby, installed the tuner and restarted Emby, then added SD and restarted Emby, but the four digit channel numbers remain.

EDIT: I think you're correct in that it's showing tuner channel numbers. I just looked at the tuner setup and see them there too, but I also see the correct OTA channel number. Is there any way to show just those? BTW, it's a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800.

Edited by paul1965

SHSPVR

If you look at the screenshot in my other post about a better channel mapping GUI, you can see that there are four digit channel numbers listed. I'm certain those are leftovers from an epg123 import I did several installs back trying to get the EPG to display. Even though I've done a complete uninstall, registry clean and leftover file delete, they still remain. On my HTPC, which was a clean install, I see just the expected OTA channel numbers like 2.1, 5.1, etc. Tonight on Master I removed the SD guide and restarted Emby, then removed the tuner and restarted Emby, installed the tuner and restarted Emby, then added SD and restarted Emby, but the four digit channel numbers remain.

EDIT: I think you're correct in that it's showing tuner channel numbers. I just looked at the tuner setup and see them there too, but I also see the correct OTA channel number. Is there any way to show just those? BTW, it's a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800.

Yup you got Love Hauppauge goof ball way of doing this I have been ask for year to fix that

Edited by SHSPVR

paul1965

Yup you go Love Hauppauge goof ball way of doing this I have been ask for year to fix that

I have a newer Hauppauge in my HTPC but those channel numbers are correct.

SHSPVR

I have a newer Hauppauge in my HTPC but those channel numbers are correct.

Your miss the point I though you was to refer WinTV and it four digit channel numbers listing and that how Emby see them when it read the WinTV channel data base when be only two digit channel numbers listed5c02a98bb73d9_channel.jpg

paul1965

Your miss the point I though you was to refer WinTV and it four digit channel numbers listing and that how Emby see them when it read the WinTV channel data base when be only two digit channel numbers listed

I'm referring to the four digit channel number showing up in the EPG. Here's what the EPG looks like for my two installations. HTPC is correct, Master is not.

They are both getting the same data from SD, but now I see even the logo's are different. 

5c02d1b8f34b9_HTPCEPG.jpg5c02d1ca31517_MasterEPG.jpg

paul1965

I'm referring to the four digit channel number showing up in the EPG. Here's what the EPG looks like for my two installations. HTPC is correct, Master is not.

They are both getting the same data from SD, but now I see even the logo's are different. 

I just switched Master back to using ServerWMC and loaded Emby with a new epg123 guide, and now I see correct channel numbers. However I also still see the old four digit ones if I scroll all the way down. I'll try clearing the guide a few more times and reloading it to see what happens.

Edited by paul1965

paul1965

Everything seems to have worked itself out now. I've switched back to the tuner but kept the guide data from epg123, and all the correct channel numbers are there. I have one last question though: where is the setting for Live TV to start in the Guide and not Programs? I know I set that on my HTPC, but can't seem to find it now.

SHSPVR

Yup that what it look in Emby as well on may end but I don't used epg123

post-4629-0-23140700-1543695560_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHSPVR

kanipek

Everything seems to have worked itself out now. I've switched back to the tuner but kept the guide data from epg123, and all the correct channel numbers are there. I have one last question though: where is the setting for Live TV to start in the Guide and not Programs? I know I set that on my HTPC, but can't seem to find it now.

That setting is in your "user" settings - so click on the user picture top right and go into Home Screen -- You'll find it in there under LiveTV default screen

paul1965

That setting is in your "user" settings - so click on the user picture top right and go into Home Screen -- You'll find it in there under LiveTV default screen

Thanks kanipek, I knew it was somewhere!

• Like 1

garyan2

EPG123 selects the alternate channel logos available and crops out all the empty transparent space... it looks larger in the available space. Emby uses the first channel logo available and doesn't do any processing of the images.

garyan2

Well we used to crop them, but eventually stopped due to users complaining about it.

I certainly know how that goes.

I think the logos from EPG123 look fantastic in grid view, but in channel view they don't look quite right. They look oversized since they fill the entire area. I have thought about just adding one more step to add back a transparent border just to make that view a bit better.