Emby for Kodi - Music & Audiobooks Combined

VaporTrail

VaporTrail

After a Kodi database sync, I notice music and audiobooks are combined into one library. Viewing the genres tab, my music and audiobook genres are combined. Is this a limitation of Emby for Kodi or could something be wrong with my setup? I created separate libraries which display as separate in browser view. 

Also, I don't see music or audiobooks as library "folders" in Emby for Kodi settings. When I go to add a library (same place you update/reset libraries), I only see ALL, yet music and audiobooks clearly don't have folder entries.

Did I explain the issue in a clear manner?

Angelblue05

Have you looked under music add-ons?

What server version are you running? There are some changes in 3.6 where Audiobook is it’s own library type now...

VaporTrail

@@Angelblue05 I'm on server Version 3.6.0.73 beta. The audiobook content type had been removed before this library was built.

I see now in music add-ons my two audio libraries - music & audiobooks. Thanks.

The current issue I face is they're still merged together in Kodi's database. I also can't separate them using custom menu items in Embuary skin.

As you can see in the Embuary skin I can add Video Library folders as custom menu items:

5c01b1bd46242_EmbyforKodi_AudiobooksLibr

But Music Library folders do not get treated the same as Video Library folders yet.

5c01b1f63e054_EmbyforKodi_AudiobooksLibr

This just shows you that Emby for Kodi recognizes the two audio libraries as separate entities in my setup.

5c01b25d0c790_EmbyforKodi_AudiobooksLibr

Angelblue05

There is only one music library in Kodi. If both your music library (music and audiobooks) are synced to Kodi, they will be combined as far as Kodi is concerned. On your last screenshot, open the context menu for your audiobook library > remove from Kodi. Then you can just point a shortcut to the audiobook library entry instead (add-ons > music add-ons > emby > audiobooks).

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

LongMan

@Angelblue05  Filtering by Media Source, for music, has been added to Kodi (Leia). Looks like there are 2 new tables, Source and Source_path.

Maybe you could use this to distinguish audio libraries in Kodi, similarly to how tags have been brilliantly used to separate video libraries.

Fingers crossed.

LongMan

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@Angelblue05  Filtering by Media Source, for music, has been added to Kodi (Leia). Looks like there are 2 new tables, Source and Source_path.

Maybe you could use this to distinguish audio libraries in Kodi, similarly to how tags have been brilliantly used to separate video libraries.

Fingers crossed.

LongMan

Ah yes? Thanks for making me aware of this. Checking right now to see if it's something that can be done.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Unfortunately, it's not looking good. The solution is solely based on the path of the files.

Tags would be better because it doesn't care for the path, so it would work with both native and add-on playback modes.

Angelblue05

Maybe we can do something with genre? Add the library name as a genre then you can create smart playlists filters based on it?

• Like 1

LongMan

Adding the Emby Library Name as a genre would work. In fact, I filter my music videos that way because I have to make a nfo for each one. Yes it's tedious, but there is no good metadata source for my vidoes.

• Like 1