Collections (request extra functionality)

Nighthawk_NL

Nighthawk_NL

Hi folks, I have two Media Maps in Emby (both with sub folders). One for my daughter and one for myself.

We both have made Collections. I hope you can add some extra functionality to the Collections option.

It would be very nice that the Collections can be separated per Media Map, otherwise we see each other collections and we really don't want that. Because I don't want her to see the movies that I watch :)

By the way the folder view option is not working correctly on the Nvidia Shield (in the sort menu you can not select folder view) so all movies are displayed on the screen.

On my TV (LG) however this function is working correctly. I hope you can also made this possible very soon on the Nvidia Shield because I prefer the Shield app above the LG App.

Many thanks in advance.

Nighthawk

Hi.  The folder view in this app will be improved in a future release after the next release of the server (3.6.x).

Collections being limited by library, I believe, is already addressed in the upcoming release of the server but you can probably also address this now with parental controls and ratings.

Thanks.

Nighthawk_NL

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I have tried that but parental controls and ratings are not an option for us. So I have created an extra user for my child and selected what folders she is allowed to see.

This is working perfectly on my LG TV. But on the Nvidia Shield TV however I cannot choose between users because I cannot get there. Hopefully you can take a look at this as well.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by Nighthawk_NL

But on the Nvidia Shield TV however I cannot choose between users because I cannot get there.

That sounds like a completely different issue.  Can you please explain that?  Where can you not get to?

Nighthawk_NL

Sorry, I meant that in the LG App I can logoff and when I login again I can choose between the two users I have made. On the Nvidia Shield however I only see my name as user and when I logout and login again Emby never ask which user I want but just login on my own name again.

Edited by Nighthawk_NL

Sorry, I meant that in the LG App I can logoff and when I login again I can choose between the two users I have made. On the Nvidia Shield however I only see my name as user and when I logout and login again Emby never ask which user I want but just login on my own name again.

Are you logging in with Emby Connect?  If so, that is by design as it is designed as an easy way to log in as a single remote user.  If you wish to switch users, then  you should not login with Connect.