Google Drive integration

chudak

Hello all,

I am trying to configure  Google Drive integration v3.1.6.0 and finding that instructions are not really what I see on google API screen.

Can anybody share updated steps ?

Thx 

What are the differences?

The steps don't look like inline with anything frankly.

For example:  4. On the Add credentials screen, click client ID. == does not even an option on the screen

Can you show some screenshots so we can get an idea of how bad it is? They probably changed it again and we need to rewrite the docs. Thanks.

Actually my mistake, we've already done this work. Once you have the next release of the server, the plugin will be updated as well, along with the instructions.

Actually my mistake, we've already done this work. Once you have the next release of the server, the plugin will be updated as well, along with the instructions.

ETA?  soon ?

When 3.6 is released, the plugin will automatically update. Thanks !

Cool, will test as soon as it's available. 

So far see none.

• 1 month later...

@@Luke

Actually it is not fixed in 4.0.0.2

Can you post instructions here ?

Please describe your problem in more detail. Thanks.

@@Luke

Its Deja Vue all over :) as we discussed in the thread.

Problem:  

Instructions as shown in Emby Google Drive plugin don't do any help as out of sync with actual google drive options.

Instructions
1. Open Google Drive
2. Select a Project or create a new one
3. Click "Go to Credentials"
4. On the Add credentials screen, click client ID.
5. If you're asked to configure the consent screen, click "Configure Consent Screen".
6. On the consent screen, select your email address, enter product name "Emby", then submit.
7. On the Create Client Id screen, click Application Type Other, then click Create.
8. You'll be returned to the main screen, where your Client Id and Client Secret will be displayed. Copy these values.
9. In the left sidebar, click "Overview". Then under Google APIs, click Drive API and enable it.
10. Enter the Client Id and Client Secret values here, be sure to remove any spaces and click Save.
11. Add one or more google drive accounts using the form below.

I can't complete/follow them. You said "Looks like we need to update again."  and they still wrong in 4.0.0.2 (unless i am missing something)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wrote this up in Word and I'm ready to transfer the info over to the Wiki.

Google changed the process and it's really confusing now.

I created the wiki article with step-by-step directions and lots and lots of pictures which I think will really help. :)

I'll update the thread as soon as the pictures and content have been uploaded to the wiki.

Carlo

• Like 1

@@cayars the instructions are actually embedded into the plugin, so rather than have them in two places, you could just send them to me. thanks.

@@cayars the instructions are actually embedded into the plugin, so rather than have them in two places, you could just send them to me. thanks.

IMHO it would be better to remove the directions from the plugin as they are way out of date and just link to the wiki article.

You'll see what I mean after we get the images up and I post the article.

This way any changes to the instructions can easily be changed without having to recompile the plugin.

I'll post a draft here in this thread in a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

This is a draft version that I need to verify and clean up a bit but it should have the info needed to install the plugin and configure it for use.

I need/want to run though this again from scratch with a different account on my test Emby server.

Let me know how this goes.

The attached file is a word document that includes pictures.

Carlo

Draft-GoogleDriveSetupForEmby.doc

This is a draft version that I need to verify and clean up a bit but it should have the info needed to install the plugin and configure it for use.

I need/want to run though this again from scratch with a different account on my test Emby server.

Let me know how this goes.

The attached file is a word document that includes pictures.

Carlo

In general it worked!

On page 3, see minor corrections:

Click the “Go to credentials” button above. You’ll be met with a wizard that trys to determine what type of credentials you’ll need. Just ignore this

Click Cancel

Click the “Credentials” menu on the top.

Click the “OAuth consent screen” option in the middle

Type “Emby” for the application name

Now what is after that ?

How to use it ?  

I see no options in  Download & Sync and this does not say much more either https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Google%20Drive

I would suggest adding steps about this.

Thx

Edited by chudak

That doc was only intended to handle the setup of the Plugin itself and not using it.  Using it is very similar to other SYNC options.

I'll check your notes vs what I had as I do another walk through myself.

Glad you got it setup!

Yes speed to upload to cloud is not super fast. :)

This is just my use of cloud sync.  What I like to do is only sync movies/shows I know will be played back vs trying to sync all kinds of things.

Typically I find this will be new release movies.  I just "know" what movies my users will play. :)

So a little trick I do.  I've got all users setup with PARENTAL CONTROLS (regardless of age) only to use the "Block items with tags" feature.

I have one specific tag I use for this which is called "hidden".  So any movie with this tag will not be able to be seen by anyone but me.

So as soon as I add new media and "know" there is a movie that multiple people will play I add the "hidden" tag to that movie essentially hiding it from everyone but me.  Now I sync that movie to the cloud.  Once it's done syncing I remove the tag.

What that does it give me a chance to sync it to the cloud without anyone seeing it first.