Search not limiting to user libraries

Rubbinio

Rubbinio

Hi,

So I am faced with a problem and not sure what the right solution will be if there is one. Here is my setup:

• 5 users - Admin, Parents, Child, Sonos, Samsung/Shield
  • I have multiple libraries setup: movies, cartoons, TV shows, music, pictures, adult content
  • Access rights
    • Admin has access to everything
    • Parents: movies, TV Shows, pictures, collections
    • Child: cartoons, collections
    • Sonos: music, collections
    • Samsung/Shield: movies, TV Shows, collections

The problem I am facing is with the search. Even when I am logged in with Child account the search results returned contain actors/people from all libraries including the adult one. That kind of defeats the purpose of the separate library and accounts if those results are returned. My question is, am i doing something wrong? Is my setup wrong somehow or is this a bug?

Thanks

Hi, I haven't seen any reports of this, but we have a new release coming soon and I would suggest re-evaluating with that. There has been a lot of search development done and this issue has never come up on the beta channel. I will test it myself today. Thanks.

Rubbinio

Hi, I haven't seen any reports of this, but we have a new release coming soon and I would suggest re-evaluating with that. There has been a lot of search development done and this issue has never come up on the beta channel. I will test it myself today. Thanks.

Thanks Luke. Running 3.6.0.71 Beta build I can confirm the issue is indeed gone. The old 3.5 the issue was present last time i tried a few weeks ago. This is great.