transcoding DTS HD MA / DOLBY TRUE HD on LG TV

romaing

Hi all, 

I know emby transcode Dolby True HD to AC3 on LG TV App because the HDMI behind is not able to manage TRUEHD on ARC.

Then what is the difference with DTS HD MA which is not transcoded ?

Hi all, 

I know emby transcode Dolby True HD to AC3 on LG TV App because the HDMI behind is not able to manage TRUEHD on ARC.

Then what is the difference with DTS HD MA which is not transcoded ?

You are heading in the right direction with your thinking, however, I believe for a DTS HD MA, the TV automatically sends only the DTS 5.1 component (without the HD part) over ARC due to the same limitation.

You are heading in the right direction with your thinking, however, I believe for a DTS HD MA, the TV automatically sends only the DTS 5.1 component (without the HD part) over ARC due to the same limitation.

ok so you mean it is direct-played to my TV by EMBY and then my TV downstream it ?  and 

then why my TV won't downstream TrueHD the same you think ? 

No, the TrueHD support is different

All right. My TV support DOLBY ATMOS, but may be through DD+ ? and not TRUEHD ? you should be right

ok so you mean it is direct-played to my TV by EMBY and then my TV downstream it ?  and 

then why my TV won't downstream TrueHD the same you think ? 

That's basically correct, but for DTS-HDMA it is not really converting it.  This format is basically DTS 5.1 plus additional information (the HD-MA part).  Therefore, the TV can just send the DTS part via HDMI.  This way, Emby does not need to do any conversion.

For TrueHD, the format is different and it is not possible just to send the non-HD component so Emby must do all the conversion to AC3

• Like 1

All right. My TV support DOLBY ATMOS, but may be through DD+ ? and not TRUEHD ? you should be right

Yes, exactly

• Like 1

Can you recommend a player which support all kind of audio streams ? specially TRUEHD to get Dolby Atmos data.

what is the best way ?

Can you recommend a player which support all kind of audio streams ? specially TRUEHD to get Dolby Atmos data.

what is the best way ?

I think the only option is nVidia Shield, connected via HDMI to your receiver or soundbar, then video must be past from the receiver/soundbar to the TV.

Of course you will need to check all your components can handle this (ie: 4K HDR pass-thru, etc)

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1